Sign in to follow this  
Skybluex25

FSX won't load

I recently heard about a new freeware AI traffic addon, ### AI Traffic, and I decided to give it a try. I was using World of AI, but it was starting to show its age. So as usual, I tried to uninstall WOA. They recommended to delete airlines one by one. Unfortunately I had installed many airlines, and did not have the time, so I clicked the 'Remove WOAI packages' button. I did make a backup of the files, just in case. After the uninstall, I fired up FSX to see if the uninstall worked. This is where the problem comes in: FSX starts up fine, except that the screen on the bottom that displays the aircraft is completely black,no matter what plane I choose. Not only that but when I click 'Fly', I'm either greeted with no load screen at all, or just the 'loading 100% complete' pop up shows instantly. No matter what I do, FSX crashes in the loading screen.
And now, it seems that the restore files don't work either. When I open up WOA, I click 'restore WoAI packages'. However a error message pops up...
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application...
The given path's format is not supported"
This is the only time I hit this error message. Anyways, I'm running this in Windows 8, and other addons. I have not installed ### AI Traffic yet. All I did was delete the WOAI files and directly went to FSX. Any help is appreciated.

NOTE:  AVSIM does not allow members to provide support for pirated software (### AI Traffic).  The AI in the software was taken from other developers without their permission.

Member suspended for 7 days.

Edited by Jim Young
To post a note to members topic.

I recently heard about a new freeware AI traffic addon, ### AI Traffic, and I decided to give it a try.

### AI is pirated freeware. I'd recommend you get rid of it and stick to WOAI or any other AI that is not pirated work.

Also, I'd use caution as advocating the use of pirated software, or discussing it it a favorable manner is against AVSIM'S terms of service and can result in being banned.

There was a topic on this particular AI package that resulted in several members getting banned in this link -> http://forum.avsim.net/topic/469856-ai-traffic-for-prepar3d-is-released/#entry3250491

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Err   another lock thread  coming

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Wait, I'd never knew ### AI was pirated!? Luckily I did not download it yet. But I did I hear about ### AI, also made by the same company, was definitely pirated freeware. And the developers claim that it is completely new and all that good stuff.

Other than that, no I am not getting that spinning plane glitch. All I am seeing is my desktop, with the 'loading is 100% complete' pop up, but without its usual black background. Nothing happens and FSX mysteriously crashes without even starting the session. And that screen on the bottom of the free flight section, is completely black no matter what plane I choose.

What I think is happening is that World of AI did not uninstall correctly, and somehow the format it's reading from is not acceptable? I'm not sure how to fix this problem, but it does seem like a quick fix can work.

Well, unfortunately I think I might have do a repair. I'm baffled at how such a delete can create such a mess. I've tried everything, I even deleted the trafficAircraft.bgl . If anybody can assist me, that would be great. I've downloaded soo much addons into this, and I'm worried I might lose them.

Well the situation just got worst- Not even a complete reinstall worked!!! I have no clue what is going on! The sim won't even load the session as I previously described. The computer is definitely not at fault, so there must be some file that is corrupt. Can anyone assist me in this bizarre situation?

OK, disregard my last post. I finally got FSX to work. I did some research, and found out that it was the fault of a corrupted logbook. I've got no idea how WOAI would effect the logbook, but it somehow did. I fixed the logbook and everything worked perfectly. Now, I'm just faced with the grim task of reinstalling hundreds of addons. But thanks for the assistance anyways guys!

We do not provide support for any pirated software. Topic locked.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10