Sign in to follow this  
swap17

Captain Sim FMC Programming

Hi guys,

I have bought the Captainsim 757 for FS9 and FSX and had plans to acquire the 767 and 777 for FSX as well. But before i could proceed , i wanted to know whether the FMC Programming for 767,777 is similar to the 757 in general like the flow of the programming.

Is it similar or all three are radically different from each other.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

U said that they are different. Could you please tell in detail as to how different they can be.

The 767 is pretty much identical to the 757 in terms of FMC programming, since they share basically the same systems. The calculations naturally will be different, due to the differences in performance, weight of the 2. The 777 FMC is similar but more modern. For example the 777 FMC will automatically calculate A TOD for you. While the 757/767 which were modeled from the original variants in the early 80's, you have to define an EOD ( End of descent waypoint). This is done either by assigning a runway transition if one is in the NAV database. Or setting the altitude at the waypoint of the last altitude constraint.

tf51d..........thanks :rolleyes: . Also another query.........can u program a FS route into the 777.

I would also like to know if you can import routes into the 777 ?

Are they having a sale right now? I see the 777 is now 39.99e. It does not mention Sale anywhere but all models are discounted.

tf51d..........thanks :rolleyes: . Also another query.........can u program a FS route into the 777.

It accepts standard FSX flightplans.

To be honest, i haven't found the manuals to be too helpful when it comes to flightplans. Could someone please give a bit of insight into importing FSX/P3D flightplans into the FMC, or link to a good tutorial as i haven't come across one.

cheers

To be honest, i haven't found the manuals to be too helpful when it comes to flightplans. Could someone please give a bit of insight into importing FSX/P3D flightplans into the FMC, or link to a good tutorial as i haven't come across one.

cheers

On the FMC there is a option on the Route page for "Request Send" I believe it's the Left LSK 3 button. The next screen will show you a list of CS saved flightplans. In addition you'll also see an option For FSFlightplans (Right LSK 6) press that, and it will list all your FSX Flightplans Select the FP of your choice, and it will load into the FMC. (You'll see the route on the Legs page.) Program your perf data, setup your departure, and takeoff parameters, and your good to go.

Sign in to follow this