Sign in to follow this  
turner112

EZDOK or alternative?

i used to use ezdok but certain things bugged me so i switched to opus, compared to ezdok it's a bit harder imo to set up views but once you get it it's pretty easy you can also clone views to other planes and tweak them a bit, if you are into head movements then ezdok is probaly better but since i don't really care for those it doesn't affect me.

Overall works pretty good with Trackir

"i used to use ezdok but certain things bugged me so i switched to opus. compared to ezdok it's a bit harder imo to set up views but once you get it it's pretty easy you can also clone views to other planes and tweak them a bit, if you are into head movements then ezdok is probaly better but since i don't really care for those it doesn't affect me."

Andy,

But, OPUS is a ($50) weather program. Correct?

Do you have to install the Opus Wx program to get Opus views?

E.g., some pilots use other Wx programs.

Also,  just wondering what "bugged" you about Ezdok?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

"i used to use ezdok but certain things bugged me so i switched to opus. compared to ezdok it's a bit harder imo to set up views but once you get it it's pretty easy you can also clone views to other planes and tweak them a bit, if you are into head movements then ezdok is probaly better but since i don't really care for those it doesn't affect me."

Andy,

But, OPUS is a ($50) weather program. Correct?

Do you have to install the Opus Wx program to get Opus views?

E.g., some pilots use other Wx programs.

Also,  just wondering what "bugged" you about Ezdok?

Yes correct Although i don't use the weather engine itself since according to the devs it is the only way to make the head movements realistic, you can just turn the weather engine itself off it won't affect the views itself.

FYI i use Activesky next as weather engine

about the things that i decided to switch to a different program was i had some hotkey's for certain views set like Ctrl+Shft+K as example ezdok would read it fine but it still didn't change the view it only happend with certain hotkeys, first i was thinking the game was interfering but i double checked that, also the other thing that annoyed me was that when i was in edit mode i couldn't move the camera with my mouse or zoom in or out.. sometimes it did work all of the sudden and the next day it was the same thing again.. have to say didn't had trackir back then