Sign in to follow this  
Tom Wright

Slow Texture Loading

Hi All,

Very impressed with the fixer! Love the cockpit shadows, they add so much to the experience!

I've found a slight problem I'm having on initial load and when changing settings and reloading the sim. For a good few seconds after the sim loads, everything is 'geometric' for want of a better word - the textures haven't fully loaded and the clouds and sky are flat blue/grey squares and often parts of the ground are missing. It eventually clears and loads normally but it lasts quite a few seconds after loading and when changing any settings whilst on the fly.

I've actually deleted my cfg and let it build a fresh one but it didn't make any difference. Doesn't happen in DX9, just DX10.

Is this normal?

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Yes, at least to some extent.

You should check that your texture max load is set correctly for your aircraft textures and that there is no lag caused by av programs etc or something running in the background.

Just to update, adding the line 'TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400' in the cfg file seems to have made it somewhat better. I'm not really sure why, or even if this is a good idea in the scheme of things, but before even the contrails of the aircraft were showing as black squares for a short time on view change but now they're not. It's still quite slow on initial loading though.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S