Sign in to follow this  
lateros

FTX Vector + FS Global 2010 and still elevation issues

Hello,

I have recently installed FS Global 2010 FTX version. I had FTX Vector working really fine before installing fs global but i wanted a more precise mesh for my fsx.

After installing FS Global 2010 i made an AEC auto scan (and then applied it) and yet i saw that there were a lot of issues regarding the airports elevations as you can see in the picture below (Geneva airport).

In order to make things clearly this is my scenery library in FSX:

FTX AA Orbxlibs

Orbx Open LC europe

Cities

Continents

Orbx Vector OBJ

Orbx Cevtor Apt

Orbx Vector CVX

Orbx Vector Exx

Base

default mesh

default scenery

Orbx Vector AEC

FS Global 2010 Local meshes

FS Global 2010 Continents.

I dont have any issue when disabling fs global 2010 but i thought that this mesh should correctly work with FTX Vector.
If anybody knows how i can fix this issue, I would be grateful. Thanks !

enb2015_6_7_17_40_7.png

have you posted your issue in the ftx  forum

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Get the AFM from

http://www.fly2pilots.com/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=d3fca479-6c4c-465b-bd75-97445878ae48

The mesh fix is more gradual.  You wouldn't see the "plateau" effect.  By the way, it says it's not compatible with FS Global 2010 FTX.  All that means is you need to manually copy the needed mesh to your p3d/fsx directory.

Good luck.

jimmy

Thank you both for your quick answers

@pete I posted in ftx but the team never answers to forum topics. I've posted there one week ago and i have yet to have an answer

@stook I shouldnt be obliged to get AFM in order not to have elevation issues. I know this product but i dont wanna spend money for it as Fs global 2010 and ftx vector should work together properly

Open FTX Sentral ---> Settings ---> FTX Global Vector Configuration tool ---> Airport Elevation Correction. Press Run Auto Configuration and see if that helps :)

The AEC tool doesn't fix every airport elevation in the world, not even close.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks larvik but i already used AEC auto configuration tool and this doesnt help for every default airport. In fact the airport shown on my screenshot is default LSGG and it doesnt even appear in the AEC lists.

Start topic on Orbx forum. They help quite quickly. I use this combo also and have not seen any issues but I will check this particular airport and let you know.

@Mephic I have started one but nobody gave me an answer so far. Let me know if you check the airport. Thanks !

I have FS Global 2010 and though I do have elevation issues it usually doesn't bother me enough to seek out a "fix" per se outside of using the ORBX utility to fix elevation.

But I gotta say...they want people to shell out 29.99 for a "different product" that fixes another of their products? I didn't know this existed before this thread but that seems unethical to me. The wording is confusing though...at the bottom they say it's "Free for registered users of FS Global 2010". Yet...it's a 10 Euro DVD that has to be snailmailed? That's kind of far from "free". Why can't this be downloaded?

Surely I have some fact incorrect here. Does anyone have the real story on this?

EDIT: I was also misled by PILOTs when I bought FS Global 2010 in that in my opinion that make it appear as if the FS2004 version was also included. It isn't until you read further that you find out that it isn't included in the download version. Of course I bought mine before I read the fine print. Live and learn. But I'm going to have to be more careful if I ever purchase PILOTs stuff again.

Get the AFM from

http://www.fly2pilots.com/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=d3fca479-6c4c-465b-bd75-97445878ae48

The mesh fix is more gradual.  You wouldn't see the "plateau" effect.  By the way, it says it's not compatible with FS Global 2010 FTX.  All that means is you need to manually copy the needed mesh to your p3d/fsx directory.

Good luck.

jimmy

Do not buy this if you have FTX Global, the page you linked says this in bold. It does the same thing as FTX Global AEC. You are wasting your money by buying this and the FTX products

I thought I had read somewhere that you shouldn't use AEC with the FS Global 2010 FTX version.

EDIT: Oh wait, maybe I'm confusing AEC with AFM.

I checked wrong end of runway - I also have this issue. But the airport is not in AEC. It is ORBX to fix it than I guess.