Sign in to follow this  
JariJr

NLS about their A380: "its a complex aircraft, not like PMDG"

I think they already started excuses why it will be bugged and hard on fps ;)

To be honest this kind of statement is not even funny considering pmdg complexity level.

It looks as if they were getting a bit of heat - the PMDG comment has now been removed from their F/Book post.

Competition is always good.

users will then judge whenever what they stated was true or not.

But sure, they could have avoided mentioning PMDG just like that. Good they removed it now.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Sounds like it was an attempt at making a joke that went badly, perhaps because English is not the first language of whoever wrote it. I saw some people on Facebook who seemed to think that NLS was making a serious criticism of PMDG products, something that developers of FS aircraft who have knowledge of PMDG and the community in general wouldn't do as they know what goes in to making them and how good the final products are. At the same time, some people need to suppress their need to defend PMDG any time they're being anything but praised. 

Sounds like it was an attempt at making a joke that went badly,

I don't think was a joke. I'm not a ######.. so I really hope they can do better than PMDG.

Have high hopes for NLS and this Airbus. This project has been dragging on for a while though. I'm in a wait-and-see (for something substantive) mode. Not impressed by boastful claims, and am waiting for them to walk the walk. 

I'm just happy to hear that the project is still going. Can't wait to fly that monster!

I agree.. and the QW 787 :)

I don't think was a joke. I'm not a ######.. so I really hope they can do better than PMDG.

which part made you think it wasn't a joke? does the winking smiley face mean 'deadly serious' in some other part of the world?

at least some of their facebookers understood the comment , but it's not surprising that a lot of simmers are humorless old men with nothing better to do than try to find drama where there is none

cheers

-andy crosby

which part made you think it wasn't a joke? does the winking smiley face mean 'deadly serious' in some other part of the world?

at least some of their facebookers understood the comment , but it's not surprising that a lot of simmers are humorless old men with nothing better to do than try to find drama where there is none

cheers

-andy crosby

Sure it was a joke, it was so "funny" they had to remove it. And yeah, their facebookers understood.. they just post the wrong comments about the NLS post aswell. And watch your words..

Sure it was a joke, it was so "funny" they had to remove it. And yeah, their facebookers understood.. they just post the wrong comments about the NLS post aswell. And watch your words..

so you really believe that they added the smiley face because they were being serious??? 

i don't think i really need to explain internet 101 to folks but that emoticon is kind of a big clue that people are being facetious. i think mainly they underestimated how a sarcastic comment might be misinterpreted..

Of COURSE they singled out PMDG because they are the undisputed king of complex airliners right now, everybody already knows that. they are suggesting that they are aiming for at least that level of quality which can only be a good thing for us old man simmers. 

i think they removed it because too many people didn't get it and it caused drama, just like you are seeing in this thread here what with advising me to watch my mouth and so forth, for no reason other than that you didn't understand a joke (a joke i didn't even make). it's really quite puzzling but i would suggest you relax and have a beer or somethin' man :)   if you're ever in my neck of the woods up in norcal i'll buy the first couple rounds!  have a good one    :smile:

cheers,

-andy crosby