Sign in to follow this  
chappaz1977

Radar contact 4 activation key?

Can anyone help me with this problem. I ordered radar contact 4 one week ago and downloaded the software one week ago, and I have sent away my email requesting the activation key but no joy.

The only response I got was my email address wasn't in their records so activation has failed! This is rubbish because I only have the one email address and I used It.The thing that is annoying is they get  your money and you have nothing to show for it. Can anyone shed any light on this matter for me, I have all the receipts and everything else BUT NO ACTIVATION KEY! :mad:

Sounds kind of weird!  Usually, doesn't the product activation key come with the download itself?  I would  be leery about spending money

and having to "request" an activation key later.  Could it have come in an email your system thought was Junk?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Why not ask in the Radar Contact forum, http://forum.avsim.net/forum/135-radar-contact-forum/

Support is very quick there.

You need to send your key request in a specific format for it to be accepted by the automated registration server

Failure to do it correctly will result in you having to email John dekker directly

The format is : 1316825523  ! firstname  ! lastname

Sounds kind of weird!  Usually, doesn't the product activation key come with the download itself?  I would  be leery about spending money

and having to "request" an activation key later.  Could it have come in an email your system thought was Junk?

There is an automated registration server but it needs your registration details in a specific format.

This is no different to many other registration schemes, PMDG for example needs registering after installing by the software contacting their registration server, as do many other addons on the market.

It's the way Radar Contact has been for years, so there is no reason to be leery about spending money.

Can anyone help me with this problem. I ordered radar contact 4 one week ago and downloaded the software one week ago, and I have sent away my email requesting the activation key but no joy.

The only response I got was my email address wasn't in their records so activation has failed! This is rubbish because I only have the one email address and I used It.The thing that is annoying is they get  your money and you have nothing to show for it. Can anyone shed any light on this matter for me, I have all the receipts and everything else BUT NO ACTIVATION KEY! :mad:

Odd indeed.  Brand new here I see.  Jumping right into it buying Radar Contact 4.  Have you every bought downloadable addons before? I have never in all the 100s or addons I have bought ever had an issue with activation keys but I guess it's possible.

I always get the download link, always get several emails confirmed the purchase, the activation keys or codes or serial #, each vendor having their own methods.

I guess Radar Contact is a product or vendor that I will stay away from.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Sorry, I didn't intend to freak anyone out about a missing activation key!  It's just the first time I've read about having to do it this way.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I guess Radar Contact is a product or vendor that I will stay away from.

Then you would miss out on a very good ATC product, Just because someone else could not follow the registration procedure properly.

How about all the users of Radar Contact over the years that have never had an issue getting a key from John Dekker

Let's see how long it takes the OP to get his key once he posts in the correct forum.

Then you would miss out on a very good ATC product, Just because someone else could not follow the registration procedure properly.

How about all the users of Radar Contact over the years that have never had an issue getting a key from John Dekker

Let's see how long it takes the OP to get his key once he posts in the correct forum.

My tongue was firmly planted in my cheek when I posted. I agree with you, re-read my first line.  While I have never tried the product, I can imagine that it is very worthwhile for certain flyers. I have no issues whatsoever.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Sorry, I didn't intend to freak anyone out about a missing activation key!  It's just the first time I've read about having to do it this way.

It's intended to make pirating harder. Customers always get their keys. It's very quick if you send the registration in the requested format using the same email address as used to make the purchase. Things have to be handled manually otherwise and that can take longer.

If the OP still hasn't received his key please send me a PM and I'll provide John Dekker's private email. Before 22:00 GMT Saturday please as I'm away tomorrow.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yeah still no joy with that activation key, and I've done everything asked and in the right format. I dont want to ask for a refund but I may have no choice.

Thanks for all the response you have given.I would just like to say I appreciate the fact people try and ripoff software and you have to stop them so I understand the reason why activation is done this way. I'm really frustrated I haven't been able to see this software up and running.

I've sent you a PM with John Dekker's private email. He'll sort you out. Bear in mind he's in Georgia so 5 hours behind UK time.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just wanted to post the good news, I've activated radar contact and everything looks good. If anybody else has problems try and be patient because help is out there. Well worth the wait. Thanks again Ray.

Good afternoon, formated my hard drive and I returned to install the Radar Contact again, it happens that send two emails to register@jdtllc.com, but so far, I was not sent the activation key. Thank you for your help.

Almor Candeias