Sign in to follow this  
wesvdell

Seneca G600 vs. Malibu G500

I'm not sure if this belongs in the Malibu forum or here, but I had some questions regarding Carenado's different MFD's.  I recently upgraded to the Reality XP 430/530W in my PA46 and was immediately frustrated that the G500 MFD does not show the course line for approaches/navigation.  This seems to be a common problem with that aircraft without a fix that I know of.  Since I don't own the PA34, I was wondering if it suffers from the same limitations as the G500 in the PA46 or if Carenado fixed this with the G600 in the PA34?  If they fixed that problem, has anyone tried putting the G600 into the PA46 at all?  

Also, the Flight1 GTN 650 does not seem to play nice with the MFD on the PA46.  Has anyone had success integrating it in the PA34 (as a pop up I understand)?  I'm mainly looking for it to communicate with the HSI or the MFD on the G600.  

Thanks in advance!

-Wes

Regarding the first issue... If you add LinkGPS=on to the rxpgns.ini file for the airplane, the course should show on the MFD.

The GTN 650 does not have that feature, so there, it would not show the course, but if it is set as the active navigation device,

it should steer the autopilot and the HSI.  Also, it does show the waypoint name and distance on the EADI.

When powering up either the GNS or GTN, you should check the HSI, to make sure that the needles (including the glideslope)

deflect correctly.  If not, right click on the memory card slot on the GNS/GTN to change the active navigation device setting.

Bert

BTW.. it has been a while, but I do have a modified G500 for the Jetprop which you can try...

Send me a PM with your email address, requesting a copy..

Bert

Thanks Bert, I already use your modified version from quite a while back!  I'll send you a PM though just in case my version is older.  To clarify the first issue, the G600 sounds like it does show course line, and hopefully approach information, on the MFD with RXP correct?  This is the biggest let down of the G500, but makes the purchase of the Seneca V that much more attractive if it has that capability.

Yes, in the Seneca, the G600 shows the RXP GNS course line if you have LinkGPS=on set.

So does the G500, however !

Do you not have that working??

Edit: I do have some mods for the G600, if you do get the Seneca..

Bert

It was not working on the G500.  Since there was no LinkGPS line in the .ini I added it and viola!  It showed up.  Why isn't this line in there in the first place, did I miss something? I'm assuming it is impossible for the MFD map on the G500 to display the RXP waypoint information since it looks like the G500 uses the default MSFS database correct?

Other things that don't appear to work with RXP:  glideslope on LPV approaches on the PFD.  OBS mode navigation (ie with a waypoint active, push the OBS button and you can set and change your course to that waypoint by changing the course on the PFD).  CDI button link (the CDI button on the RXP 530W is independent from the CDI button on the PFD, so you have to change them both).  Are there fixes for these issues?  Thanks again,

-Wes

LinkGPS came with V1.6. of the GNS and was never documented all that well..

Are you flying the Jetprop?

It has been a while, but I made and distributed fixes for the Jetprop and Seneca when they first came out.

Send me a PM with your email address,  and the airplane that you are flying, and I can send you my modified gauges that address some of the problems that you mention.

Bert