Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

P3D 2.5 unable to digest YSSY and FTX Au together

Just a little heads up for all, arriving at the new Fly Tampa YSSY from Brisbane in a PMDG 737-800 with FTX Au on, real weather active and 25% ai, I ran into an OOM. Fortunately I had saved along the way, so I reloaded the flight at approach with FTX Au off and only FTX global on still with real weather and 25% ai, my scenery sliders pulled to the middle and LOD to 4.5 and it managed to not crash. FPS improved a bit and it was overall smoother.  I am curious as to why FSUIPC did not warn me of the crash as I do have the warnings enabled. Maybe someone has a suggestion for me.

It's all good, I am not giving up. It doesn't hurt to pull the sliders back down a bit as it still all looks fine.

P.S. Signature with specs seems to be gone - Haswell i7 4770k with 16gb and a 3GB 780ti

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Just a little heads up for all, arriving at the new Fly Tampa YSSY from Brisbane in a PMDG 737-800 with FTX Au on, real weather active and 25% ai, I ran into an OOM. Fortunately I had saved along the way, so I reloaded the flight at approach with FTX Au off and only FTX global on still with real weather and 25% ai, my scenery sliders pulled to the middle and LOD to 4.5 and it managed to not crash. FPS improved a bit and it was overall smoother.  I am curious as to why FSUIPC did not warn me of the crash as I do have the warnings enabled. Maybe someone has a suggestion for me.

It's all good, I am not giving up. It doesn't hurt to pull the sliders back down a bit as it still all looks fine.

P.S. Signature with specs seems to be gone - Haswell i7 4770k with 16gb and a 3GB 780ti

Is this with the 2048 textures or the optional litetex pack?

http://www.flytampa.org/downloads.html

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I'm staying with the 2048 textures, I like the way they look. Even with scenery sliders at medium and FTX global only, it all still looks really great.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090