Sign in to follow this  
twharrell

Nice ILS Cat II autoland tutorial

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but I thought this video would not only be entertaining, but also instructive for those of us who enjoy flying the NGX.  I stumbled across a great YouTube channel that perhaps many of you are already familiar with - 737Channel.  The quality of the videos is excellent.

Anyway, one of the videos is a ILS Cat II landing tutorial focusing on the PFD.  I know the PMDG documentation on approaches is quite extensive but a picture is worth a thousand words. That means a video has to at least be worth an entire chapter, right? B)   Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm02l989PUw

Thanks for posting, very interesting video.

One thing I noticed that doesn't match with my pmdg 737 ngx flying experience: When autolanding the AP mode switches to announce AUTO LAND, in the video you posted - real life - the pfd announced CMD but the plane still autolanded... How do I explain this behavior ?

Is autoland possible when pfd is announcing CMD mode ?

Thanks

Aldo

Aldo, it depends on what autoland option you have selected in the FMS Aircraft menu. Under the Equipment submenu, if you have 'Autoland: Fail' disabled then the PFD will operate as in the above video. Refer to the PMDG Quick Reference pdf, starting on p. 71, to learn more.

Cheers,

Todd

Thanks a lot for the hint Todd, for sure I will read the section you kindly suggested.

Reality is, there is always room to learn something more and new.

Thanks again,

Aldo