Sign in to follow this  
Robert McDonald

XPlane 10.4 beta 2 now available NOW

May be easier to use INSTALLER in main root folder of XPlane folder.  Beta 1 was glitchy and crashed on startup.  No issues with Beta 2.  Here is a video shot in 10.4 Beta 2  Newest features found on the RENDERING SETTINGS page

User selectable EXTENDED DSF SCENERY tickbox greatly improves views at high altitude (less mud!!!)

Introduction of new "Presets" buttons in lower right corner of Rendering Options page.  Quick setups to try to maximize a wider variety of hardware.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Works great for me.

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Hi Robert,

Just a small typo in your subject of the video. You landed on 28R, not 28L. Otherwise, great landing!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Wow nice frame rate and video. If you don't mind me asking you for a picture of your settings. I am having trouble getting my framerates back to Pre 10.40 frames

Wow nice frame rate and video. If you don't mind me asking you for a picture of your settings. I am having trouble getting my framerates back to Pre 10.40 frames

a lot of people said that you should uninstall the beta. go back to 10.36 and then install the beta again. it seams to resolve the issue

Nice setup :)

Thank you very much.  I appreciate your kind comment.

Works great for me.

I'm quite happy with 10.4 BETA 2

Hi Robert,

Just a small typo in your subject of the video. You landed on 28R, not 28L. Otherwise, great landing!

Best regards,

Good catch Jim, thanks!  I edited it over at YouTube to the correct runway number.  Typically on the Serfer1 West Transition, ATC gives 28L.  In this case I was coming in from Las Vegas, and thus they gave me the right side.

drop me a PM if you still need them.  Be sure to read my post about the OLDER nVidia drivers.  I lost a lot of performance when windows update swapped me up to the 'latest' nVidia drivers.  Stuttering!! :((

somehow I right clicked on the display adapter and discovered that!

337.88 WHQL drivers are best for xp10 and nvidia GTX TITAN and GTX 7xx series adapters.  Later cards will need newer drivers.

a lot of people said that you should uninstall the beta. go back to 10.36 and then install the beta again. it seams to resolve the issue

Haven't heard that one.  I do know that enabling DSF has a frames cost, which is a new feature in XP10.4 Beta 2.  There are also new 'quick render settings' choices in the lower right corner of the rendering options window, to allow fast switching between high eye candy and higher frames... which is system dependent.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Beta 3 of XP 10.4 is out now..

use the Installer inside the main XPlane folder.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

I have recently updated to 10.40b3. After update, I am getting the following message on any one of the three client PCs used for outside scenery view :

An airfoil file could not be found! The airfoil paths I checked are listed below !

Aircraft/Fighters/F-4  PhantomPP/airfoils/Clark-Y(root).afl

Airfoils/Clark-Y(root).afl

Get that foil in placeif you want to fly! 

After this message, that client PC crashes. However, this message does not appear on server PC used for cockpit controls display.  I have used different default as well as payware aircrafts. I have even replaced the" Aircraft" and "Airfoil" folders of the server PC but the issue remained there.

Moreover, I always get the following message on one of the client PCs used for Front view since after first installation of x-plane 10 version 10.25.

"I tried to open the following plane, but could not:

Aircraft/General Aviation/Columbia-400PP/c400.acf

This smacks of a corrupted airplane file, or a file that is not REALLY an airplane file, or a missing airplane file altogether!

I will open the default plane now so you can still fly though".

After this message, an aircraft different from the aircraft loaded in the server PC appears on that client PC. One thing to mention is that it is just a dead / dummy aircraft with its engine / propellers in stopped condition.

Any idea, What may be causing this ?

I certainly suspect a corrupted aircraft file or folder.  Beyond that your guess is as good as mine.

Do you get this error on all 3 view pcs or just ONE?  You may not be properly copying the files back into your Xplane install folders.  it's real hard to diagnose problems like yours without having all your pcs in front of me...

Maybe have a trusted friend teamview into your setup to check the files?

You could do a reinstall of XPlane into all 3 of your view pcs, but into a new folder, eg  C:\XPlaneDup

and just do a barebones setup (do not install the 'world wide' scenery) to test it.

If the XPlaneDup folders on each of your 3 new installs works ok, you could clone the aircraft files from the DUP folder to the 'real' xplane folders.

Just a workaround idea...

As ALWAYS, back UP your XPlane folders BEFORE you begin this type of effort.  So you can REVERT to what you currently have if you NEED to.

Acronis True Image Home 2015 is my recommended backup solution.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg