Sign in to follow this  
kev4242

Nvidia inspector and fs9

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded my GPU to a 970gtx. Because this has involved a driver update (350.12), I've had to redo my nvidia inspector settings. This has worked fine for FSX, but for FS9 when I click on apply changes, any changes I've made revert back to default or will change some flags to 'treat override application as application controlled'. I've done some searching on forums and can't find anything obvious that I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly received. Thanks.

I have been struggling with Inspector also. Search in Monitor Video and Driver forum for Inspector. You may find something useful in the thread I started.

Thanks Silverheels and Jon. In reply to Jon, it lets me change my FSX settings so it seems to just be a FS9 related problem. Silverheels, I've read your post. I've tried deleting the FS9 profile as someone suggested in that thread, but I can't get a new profile to accept FS9.exe. I'm currently updating to the most recent drivers in the hope that helps. I'm sure it has to be a driver related problems as this is the only thing I've changed since putting in new hardware. It just seems strange that inspector works fine changing FSX settings but not FS9. I'll let you know if the new drivers solve my problem. Thanks,

353.06 drivers seemed to have solved the problem. Haven't checked if it has worked in SIM or what the performance is like but inspector seems to be sorted now. Hope that helps.

Have you tried using nVidia's Control Panel?

These days it allows similar settings and profiles to Inspector. Select by right-clicking on desktop.

On driver 347.52, using nVidia Control Panel, I can select 16x Anisotropic Filtering, 8x Antialiasing and up to 8x (supersampling) Antialiasing -Transparency.  Unfortunately I need to use later drivers since I now run a GTX970.

No! No! Jon.

I was just pointing out that the nVidia Control Panel with recent drivers now has similar features similar to Inspector.  That can be an aid, particularly in P3D, where Inspector can be ineffective for some people.

16xS

Well, I set 32xcsaa and 8xss with 16xf

Does FS9 (or FSX) even support AA modes above 8xS or 8xQ? Not all AA modes are supported by a given application.

Regards, Django EGLL.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

Hello,

I am suffering exactly the same thing  as the topic starter. Nvidia Inspector does not accept any changes anymore, after hitting the "apply changes" button the settings are back as they were. Fortunately I am very satisfied with the settings I made before this thing started. Secondly, about AA modes,  I am very happy  with AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12 setting. Gives me very sharp but very smooth flight :rolleyes:.

Tapani Österberg