Sign in to follow this  
vbazillio

Does SLI users have seen less visual artefacts with 353.06 nvidia drivers ?

Thanks - tried that, but no joy so far - still the full range of artifacts.

I tried resetting SLI AA to DISABLE, but no luck.

I'll try experimenting with the other settings, in particular AA.  Might have a chance later.

Frustrating to track this down but I appreciate the guidance.

Vic,

It seems that you've found the solution to the lightning artifact problem within SLI, at least on my twin 780 system. Been testing for the last two hours in the worst ASN live thunderstorm weather that I could find. No artifacts and well defined REX lightning bolts.  Absolutely beautiful...

I think the real key was "Go into NVI and reset the P3D profile to defaults - this will set the new P3D profile for the driver" before entering the AA and other settings.

Many thanks,

Robert

I think the real key was "Go into NVI and reset the P3D profile to defaults - this will set the new P3D profile for the driver" before entering the AA and other settings.

Glad to hear this is working for some - wish I knew what I need to change on my system.

Two questions...

1. What should the line for the P3D profile look like after resetting NVI to defaults.  I did the reset but am wondering if the profile "took." 

EDIT: 1a. What's the mechanism for resetting the NVI P3D profile to default?  Is it as simple as clicking "apply defaults" within the NVI P3D profile (which is what I did), or should I be applying global defaults somehow (if those are, in fact, different).  Sorry to be so obtuse - I usually have no problem with these tweaks, and maybe it's just that my system doesn't like the current drivers, but I want to make sure I'm not missing any steps.

2. What should CP settings be?  I wonder if there's something in my CP that's interfering with the NI settings.

Thanks in advance!

6b6275a19f.pnga3bc9b8d78.png4da0a665ab.pnga2b2724810.png

Top is rest of setttinmgs

Bottom is default SLI compatibility bits

To reset to default - select the Prepar3D profile in the profiles bar

the third icon to the right looks like a green tag - click it to Restorte Profile to NVidia Defaults"

That will do it.

My images are out of order but you should be able to figure it out. Top two are Nvidia control panel p3d settings. Next two are the Nvidia Inspector showing the default SLI compatibility bits along with the changes I made.

Good luck!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

to avoid confusion - here are my settings with the 353 driver profile loaded.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w6613y896mwljjy/353Settings.zip

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks - those look close to what I had but I think there were some small differences (not looking at the settings now, so can't be sure).  I'll try them tomorrow or Thursday.  Tonight's experiments failed - I tried a whole series of antialiasing settings in NVI but couldn't get rid of the artifacts.  Eventually dropped SLI from P3D and went for a flight just to enjoy it without the whole lucy-in-the-sky-with-diamonds experience. The good news is that your P3D settings are terrific, even on a single 980 - better in several respects than what I'd been using and the performance is quite smooth (though not as smooth as SLI).  So thanks for that.  More to follow on the SLI frontier...

8x sparse grid supersampling?

With overcast of ASN what happens? 1 FPS?

Generally around 20, I don't really check as long as it's smooth - I switch to 4sgss most of the time though especially if in really bad weather around a major area like JFK, etc.

Also, the sgss setting seems to have no effect of the artifacts.

Vic

Sorry to say I've had no luck with these settings - I get the complete range of artifacts.  Tweaking them doesn't seem to help either.  So I think I'll bow out until P3D and/or NVidia can come up with a fix.  Again, I'm getting good results with the P3D.cfg settings on my single card, so I've gained something in the process.  So thanks, and I'll see you guys later in the SLI evolution.

Hi folks,

i tried the whole thing again. I just added the 8xCSAA and actually it is working well. I stayed at 4xSGSS as it gives me a good overall visual vs performance on wide variety of airplanes and sceneries.

Besides the fact that the effects are working with these settings is the question why with 8xCSAA. 

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Besides the fact that the effects are working with these settings is the question why with 8xCSAA.

That's something I'd like to know also. I'm sure Nvidia could explain but w/o a csaa setting, I get artifacts.

Glad it's working for you.

Vic

That's something I'd like to know also. I'm sure Nvidia could explain but w/o a csaa setting, I get artifacts.

Glad it's working for you.

Vic

Thanks again for sharing :)

What still confuses me is the extrem high GPU load. Flying with 4 or even 8xSGSS is have around 50-60% GPU load. Adding 8xCSAA i have both GPUs @80-99% load.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg