Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

Incredible! 25.000 airports are now populated!

hehe...

I think the decimal place is used to denote thousands in non USA countries.

I sometimes post based on the fact that these forums are in the USA... hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

hehe...

I think the decimal place is used to denote thousands in non USA countries.

I sometimes post based on the fact that these forums are in the USA... hehe

Not sure how that would work, If you had 10.125, how would they tell you meant 10125 vs 10.125?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Not sure how that would work, If you had 10.125, how would they tell you meant 10125 vs 10.125?

Its not that hard  :lol:

Point for thousands, and a comma if you want to write decimals. 10,125 is not the same as 10.125  :wink:

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

Just a quick correction to @Murmur's post.  His number of 1,700 custom airports is far too low.  I keep an active spreadsheet of the custom airports I've loaded into my sim and if you include airports embedded in packages such as the great AussiePak series (and many others), the total number I've added is well over 4,500.  These are all user designed freeware airports, most of which are available on .org

I did download the 25,000 airport files but have not installed them yet.  I will likely NOT take the time to add each and every one of them to my spreadsheet - far too much time and work.  I need to FLY.

Wow, another case of the community addressing the complaints of X-Plane :smile:. I'm presuming because it's using OpenSceneryX it can't be uploaded to the gateway, but it's still a very impressive undertaking. Congratulations to all involved.

A big thanks to the author, for sure. It took getting used to, with 2 or more runways at airports, not having interconnecting taxi ways from the main terminal property...but getting past that...a very nice addition for sure..and again, a big THANK YOU!

I was flying around Ontario, Canada's, Muskoka Region, and saw that this effort will even populate marine installments as I show in some pics in the Screenshot Forum.  The XP franchise keeps getting better and better.  BTW, Tony...I wouldn't run XP without your W2XP effort. It is that good....and it has transformed (through SimHeaven files) North America for me...even though data is still behind Europe for file creation. It is still night and day better over anything else!  A great THANK YOU to you for coming up with it!!!

One more thing...Ben...Ben...with Extended DSF coming to XP....it is another whole new sim....the vistas are amazing....  What do you have up your sleeve for v11.x????????   Jeez...   My 12 GB's of system RAM, isn't even sweating it, alongside Andras's HD and SHD mesh files....not even breathing hard.... :) Hitting 25-30 FPS (locked) most anytime...

Mitch

A big thanks to the author, for sure. It took getting used to, with 2 or more runways at airports, not having interconnecting taxi ways from the main terminal property...but getting past that...a very nice addition for sure..and again, a big THANK YOU!

I was flying around Ontario, Canada's, Muskoka Region, and saw that this effort will even populate marine installments as I show in some pics in the Screenshot Forum.  The XP franchise keeps getting better and better.  BTW, Tony...I wouldn't run XP without your W2XP effort. It is that good....and it has transformed (through SimHeaven files) North America for me...even though data is still behind Europe for file creation. It is still night and day better over anything else!  A great THANK YOU to you for coming up with it!!!

One more thing...Ben...Ben...with Extended DSF coming to XP....it is another whole new sim....the vistas are amazing....  What do you have up your sleeve for v11.x????????   Jeez...   My 12 GB's of system RAM, isn't even sweating it, alongside Andras's HD and SHD mesh files....not even breathing hard.... :) Hitting 25-30 FPS (locked) most anytime...

Mitch

Agree re W2XP - did a like for like San Fran with P3D Orbx here

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/469612-a-question-for-x-plane-users-here/?p=3249408

Which shows that where there is data it is even more extraordinary.

cheers

Peter

BTW, Tony...I wouldn't run XP without your W2XP effort. It is that good....and it has transformed (through SimHeaven files) North America for me

Thank you kindly Mitch, I'm glad you're enjoying the scenery and it gives the scenery a bit of variety. :smile:

Thank you kindly Mitch, I'm glad you're enjoying the scenery and it gives the scenery a bit of variety. :smile:

It sure does...my Midland and Muskoka shots were all yours... :)

Really appreciating the work and effort of this Dev, for this fine freeware addition!  Thank you!

Here I am just doing a fly-by of a little airport spruced up by the software, in North Carolina, near the coast. The Inter-coastal Waterway can be seen in the background.

Car_C337_22.png

Having a blast flying up North Carolina's coastline...and when seeing one of those 25,000 airports...I veer off and join for an approach to taxi...and see what's up.  Here is one such occasion:

Car_C337_24.png

Car_C337_25.png

Car_C337_26.png

....is there a tax on having too much fun?   :rolleyes:

Appreciate the work he has done and it does fill in a lot of empty spaces.

But, it also makes some airports ridiculous

ie a grass field that is used for gliders during the some weekends that normally has sheep on.  Ends up with apron and huge amount of buildings along with ATR's.

Flying in the outback of Alaska last night and some airports couldn't start at without the aircraft falling of the apron as it's on a hillside.

Looks good thou as you fly by to see something existing for a change. :smile:

Trevor Golding

But, it also makes some airports ridiculous

Welcome to "procedurally generated" unfortunately   :unsure:

Welcome to "procedurally generated" unfortunately   :unsure:

So I kinda just skimmed through the thread.  As I understand this addition to XP, it means a bunch of airports have taxiways and aprons with some buildings but they aren't accurate to the real world layout?  

Argh.

I mean it's a start right?  But that doesn't work for me....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I mean it's a start right?  But that doesn't work for me....

It's certainly a good start and I'm sure it can be improved. Also, isn't this the same approach used by FSX/P3D?