Sign in to follow this  
gboz

A2A Piper Comanche 250

I blew my June budget with a May sale on orbx and the C Hawker from April lol

Maybe I'll get it on my bday in July

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Why?  If anything, a Seminole is a bit slower than the Comanche 250.  It's a (very) small twin used primarily for multi-engine training (which is, I expect, exactly why they might do one).

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them do the Seminole myself, but with your comments on speed it didn't seem like something you'd be interested in.

Scott

Actually the Seminole (and Duchess in the right conditions) can get into the 160kt ish range, it is quite a clean frame.  I remember occasionally getting around 200kts ground speed in both the Duchess and Seminole with a healthy tailwind.  ~160ktas is in the Comanche ballpark.

http://www.piper.com/aircraft/trainer-class/seminole/specs-performance/

Cheers

TJ

I blew my June budget with a May sale on orbx and the C Hawker from April lol

Maybe I'll get it on my bday in July

They *might do a sale during Oshkosh like they did last year, tho they also did a sale for Sun n Fun this year, so we'll see.

Cheers

TJ

I like classic planes (though I'd prefer a constant speed prop) but check this out.

The Comanche in general and this plane in particular does have a CS prop.  What may be throwing you off is the old style layout with throttle in the middle, mixture on the left and prop control on the right.

Scott

Since A2A also now owns a Piper Aerostar,
When did they buy that? Must've missed it...

The Comanche in general and this plane in particular does have a CS prop.  What may be throwing you off is the old style layout with throttle in the middle, mixture on the left and prop control on the right.

Scott

Yeah, I didn't word that right - I DO prefer aircraft with constant speed props. :) I tend to like newer aircraft, but this one looks great.

Yeah, I didn't word that right - I DO prefer aircraft with constant speed props. :) I tend to like newer aircraft, but this one looks great.

Ah, now I understand!  And yes, that does look like a nice Comanche.

Scott

Like with many vintage GA's there was a lot less standardization, especially after years of owner modifications.  One Comanche will likely look different from another inside.   For instance the Comanche I flew, N6852P, was a 1960, it had a standard 6-pack panel layout with radio stack in the middle, standard throttle, prop, mixture arrangement...etc tho I think some of this was post modification.  N6852P had a single brake lever instead of toe-brakes, A2A's '59 has toe-brakes..

One thing, we can expect a lot of beautiful paint jobs for the Comanche from repainters as there are lots of beautiful 50s-60s paint schemes out there.

I have a hunch Friday will be the day.

Cheers

TJ

Well, I was still in the process of picking either the C172 or the C182 and now this. However, it somehow helps deciding, I think I will go for the C172 plus the new Piper B)

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

If you're going to spend 100 bucks id get the skylane over the 172. 172 is bland and boring. I don't like how it flies either

They're Cherokee 180 is frankly the best flight model yet

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Oh no, the C172 is far from boring! It's a different aircraft with its own, individual characteristics. I have all of A2A's GA aircraft and each one feels very realistic, with believable flight dynamics. All of them are a pleasure to fly. Of course, I am most familiar with the Cherokee, because I fly PA-28s in the RW (though mostly Warriors and Archers), but I never got the impression that A2A's Cessnas are boring. Just be aware that there is a significant difference between high-wing and low-wing aircraft. Getting the C172 (or the Cherokee) and the new PA-24 Comanche is certainly a good choice!

Felix