Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Sibwings Antonov An 2 in P3D 2.5

I used the Est. Migr. Tool to port all of my FSX planes to P3D 2.5 that don't have yet a dedicated P3D v2 installer (I don't have PMDG planes, but CS, a2a, Carenado/Alabeo, Dig. Aviation, Lionheart etc). However this tool did not work with the Sibwings An 2, everytime I wanted to launch it, P3D crashed and the Sibwings forum was of no real help for my case. After some extensive searching on google (you know the feeling: you have something that you want to use and the more you realize that you can't use it at the moment, the more you seem to want it) I finally found an answer that worked for me: I needed to add the Antonov with its own entry in the P3D dll file. 

In case you are interested, here's what you have to do:

Make first certain that your computer shows also the hidden folders. Then go to the following address:

"C:\Users\(Your name here)\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D" 

Here you'll find the dll file, which is a XML document. First make a backup. Now right click on it and open it with notepad/wordpad

Then you add the following lines, I have added them at the end after all other entries that I found in it:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>SibWings service module</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>SibWings\Service\swservice.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

Here is a copy of part of my dll file that shows you, how it looks afterwards. I have ORBX scenery and airports installed that is why you'll see "Object Flow" in it. As you will see, the "Launch Addon" entry shows up twice at the top of the Sibwings entry, that is ok.

\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow_KMRY_P3D</Name>
    <Path>D:\1P3D\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KMRY\scenery\ObjectFlow_KMRY_P3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Flight Recorder</Name>
    <Path>Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>SibWings service module</Name>
<Path>SibWings\Service\swservice.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

If you install now the An 2 in P3D 2.5 (again, I have used EMT for my planes w/o a dedicated P3D v2 installer), it should work without problems, at least it did for me. I have no experience installing it w/o EMT, maybe it works too.

I hope this helps you also, good luck.

Bernd

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Thanks, but I believe this was discussed in the AN-2 forum at Sibwings more than a year ago. Did you actually use the search engine prior to posting ? 

Strange if those topics are now missing as I dont believe the devs ever had a problem with x-installing, either direct or using the EMT.

I've had the Antonov working in P3D since 2.1, so you could have asked here.

Sibwings should release an installer for the P3D version.  Thanks for posting bernd.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

A straight installation pointing to P3D works, no need for a migrator. I only have a standby fsx.exe (an empty .txt file actually) in the P3D root folder to fool the installer in case ... Only thing is to add the xml.dll module.

The SIbwings folks have been AWOL for quite some time now and I don't expect to see the upgraded version of this wonderful aircraft which was announced (with the Alex Metzger's 2.4 air files). C'est la vie.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yes pity Sibwings seem to be no longer active.

Would be great to have all of the Sibwings planes updated to P3D.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.