Sign in to follow this  
geforcexp

RAAS installation problem

Hello there!

I could use some of your help here with a problem i'm facing regarding RAAS and its installation. I "own" the utility via Aerosoft's Airbus product and after a clean installation of FSX and the Airbus too i tried to install RAAS via the support file that comes with the Airbus but without success since i get the following message right before the utility proceeds with the installation: 

"Installation compete. Cannot create the following file: C:\Windows\System32\RAASAUDIO32.$$A . You will need to run the installer again..." 

Its the first time i encounter this type of error. I deactivated my antivirus and i also even tried to install RAAS with UAC deactivated too but to no avail. Any kind of help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Thomas,

Strange one.

With your anti-virus off, please re-download RAAS.

Then re-install it with Admin rights.  Right click on the EXE and select run as Admin.

Does anyone else have any ideas?  There's zillions of RAAS users out there and I don't recall seeing this one before.

Is your Operating System in good health?

I can send you that specific file directly, but I don't know what other install problems you may have.

Does anyone else have any ideas? There's zillions of RAAS users out there and I don't recall seeing this one before.

Is your Operating System in good health?

I can send you that specific file directly, but I don't know what other install problems you may have.

I reinstalled win7 7 months ago. It is patched to sp1. I consider it to be quite healthy. Just an idea though. Do you think it has anything to do with write permissions? I ' d be glad if you could send me the file. Thank you for your efforts.

regards,

Thomas

I reinstalled win7 7 months ago. It is patched to sp1. I consider it to be quite healthy. Just an idea though. Do you think it has anything to do with write permissions? I ' d be glad if you could send me the file. Thank you for your efforts.

It could be... are you in an Admin account?

Send me another Support Ticket with your email address in it and I'll send you the file.

Send me another Support Ticket with your email address in it and I'll send you the file.

PM me your email address.

Thanks,

Latest news Bryan are that i received the file you sent me via email and i successfully managed to copy it into the file you specified, only after i took full ownership of the file and granted me full control. I proceeded with the installation which completed successfully, too. RAAS has been updated to the latest version, also. So, i guess problem has been solved.

I'm still eager to find out what the problem was, though... Anyway, let's leave it here.

Thanks a lot once again. You've been very helpful.

Kind regards,

Thomas 

Thomas,

Glad you got it sorted.  You had some kind of write permission issue obviously.

Important thing is you got it working.

Thomas,

Glad you got it sorted.  You had some kind of write permission issue obviously.

Important thing is you got it working.

Agreed. Topic may be closed.

Thomas