Sign in to follow this  
TangoSierraMike

RealAir Duke and the GTN 750

Just was wondering if anyone has heard if RealAir is planning on retro fitting the GTN 750 into the B60 Duke V2? I emailed their support, but haven't heard anything yet...

Tom McDonald

Yes, their website mentions support for the GTn 750/650, the Duke already has it and I'm sure the piston duke and legacy will also.

Cheers

Martin

Yes it is as easy as pie  - just go to their config file and select the GPS option there - presto .. you can fit 2 x GTN750's into the Duke V2  - it works great with minimal fuss to the end user

Yes it is as easy as pie  - just go to their config file and select the GPS option there - presto .. you can fit 2 x GTN750's into the Duke V2  - it works great with minimal fuss to the end user

Are you saying it is an option now in the non-turbo v2? As far as I was aware the GTN750 option is only available in the turbo v2, and not yet in the non-turbo piston.

I've been waiting for this update to buy it so I'm interested in knowing too. Also wish that Realair would update the cockpit lighting so that we'd have separate panel lighting from the instrument lighting as I own the turbo v2 and the nite lighitng only has one option...both the panel and gauge lights are both on full and it's too bright for nite flights....really annoying.

Just was wondering if anyone has heard if RealAir is planning on retro fitting the GTN 750 into the B60 Duke V2? I emailed their support, but haven't heard anything yet...

I do not recall an email about this. Apologies if it got lost. Please email me again to make sure they are getting through. As you can see the answer is that both the piston duke v2 and Legacy will have GTN integration this year, with the Legacy coming soon.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

....with the Legacy coming soon.

:Party:  :dance:  :yahoo:

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I do not recall an email about this. Apologies if it got lost. Please email me again to make sure they are getting through. As you can see the answer is that both the piston duke v2 and Legacy will have GTN integration this year, with the Legacy coming soon.

Hi Rob, 

Forgive me if this should be a separate topic, but is there any possibility of a panel mod for both v2 Dukes to include Roland's weather radar gauge in VC? Thanks / Les Parson

Thanks for replying Robert! My apologies if it seemed I was complaining - that certainly was not my intent. I thought that you had probably already been asked the question by someone on this forum, and I could get my answer that way. I will send another note to you on the RealAir site

Tom McDonald

Hi Rob, 

Forgive me if this should be a separate topic, but is there any possibility of a panel mod for both v2 Dukes to include Roland's weather radar gauge in VC? Thanks / Les Parson

Hi Les,

It is not an easy thing to accomplish, properly. See this thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/459050-another-radar-gauge-for-vc-window-usage/page-15

Integrating gauges into a VC is not straightforward, but I am not an expert in this as it's not my domain.I do know that integrations we have done so far have never been easy and require a lot of co-operation between developers, plus a lot more work than appears at first, and customers get quite tetchy when things aren't as advertised, so making such integrations "official" has to be done with great care. We also have to look at what proportion of customers really want it as it is quite time consuming. Of course, almost all addon gauges can easily be added as 2d pop-ups.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page