Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

P3D2.5 Where is Simconnect.msi for ASN

Hi,

Where can I find simconnect.msi for my clients, Active Sky Next Needs it... I have P3D 2.5 installed?.

Thanks

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

Where can I find simconnect.msi for my clients, Active Sky Next Needs it... I have P3D 2.5 installed?.

Thanks

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist

Cheers,

André

Just to add that ASN SP3 OPEN BETA is available to try for P3D 2.5.

Fixes a few issue's

bob

I have an issue where on startup I receive a "Failed to connect to FSX - is it running?": SimVar Startup error, a "Failed to connect to the simulator": Migration tool Plugin, Simconnect does not answer for more than 10 seconds. Open the configure tool and correctly select the version of a simulator: Ezdok camera adddon (correct sim selected) and a Can't init Simconnect error! message from P3DV2.5 itself as well as 5 lots of "Unable to link to SimConnect" messages from VRS TACPack .

I've tried many times to run the simconnect.msi programs from redist in the P3D folder but nothing seems to happen and the program doesn't seem to install (it doesn't show up in Uninstall a Program in Control Panel). Obviously the non installation simconnect is the issue but I'm completely out of ideas how to fix this.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Hi,

In the same boat myself, I've run my flightsim via network for years... This is the first time I am unable to get ASN working via network, I don't know what else to try. Keep getting the waiting for sim message.

Yet FSUIPC / Wide client connects and FS Commander works just fine via network.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

lLockheed Martin/Prepar 3D v2/redist/Interface/FSX-SP2-XPack/retail/lib/simconnect.msi

there are several msi there in library.  Ensure you use FSX-SP2-XPack

I looked in Lockheed Martin folders in Program(86), Users Local and roaming but nothing like the above.

I finally found a copy of Simconnect.msi in my FSX SDK. Ran it there and copied it to the P3D folder and ran it there as well. Now ASNext is working - Black Magic

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I looked in Lockheed Martin folders in Program(86), Users Local and roaming but nothing like the above.

I finally found a copy of Simconnect.msi in my FSX SDK. Ran it there and copied it to the P3D folder and ran it there as well. Now ASNext is working - Black Magic

It isn't in the roaming directory, but in the root directory of the P3D install... as I mentioned above ;-)

André