Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

Tracking Right of Course

Guest BeaverDriver

G'Day all. Please read through this before trying an answer as I have done some things to try to fix my issue, which may save you some writing.

I've just reinstalled the MD11 on a new machine (with a new FSX installation). Running Windows 7-64 and FSX Deluxe/Gold/Really-really-good-version ^_^ . Now, my problem is, the MD 11 has an offset tracking issue that always puts it right of course (except when passing right over the WP/station - it turns to grab that, then turns back away from the station to track right again). There is no offset built into the FMC. See pic below:

MD11-1.jpg

The scale is 10 nm. As you can see, the course is left of my track.

Now, I did search for, and find, the solution to this problem as I had posted this question here before. I was quite ready to install the fix as it was discussed previously (I applied the manual fix rather than running the Registry Repair tool and it worked perfectly on the previous installation). But here is the rub - on this installation, FSX is not in the default location. I have installed it on my D Drive away from the "...Program Files..." installation as recommended in many, many locations. The problem then, is that I'm not sure exactly which path I need to modify. So I copied my shortcut location into the search window in RegEdit and that path was found. See pic below:

MD11-2.jpg

I figured it would be that one, so I clicked on the "Modify" button (right click>Modify) and installed the slash (making sure I had the correct slash) at the end. Unfortunately, while it appears as though it's sticking, as soon as I boot up FSX that slash is dropped and the problem remains on the next flight.

I'm assuming the Registry Repair Tool won't work in this case (and may even do some harm - not sure about that, but this is the Registry we are talking about), and it's possible I don't have the right path here. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how/what I might try next to solve this problem. It is a persistent problem, I'm certain it's the same issue as I had previously when I had the FSX installation in the default directory, and I'm pretty sure this one is solvable. Help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Glenn

Guest BeaverDriver

I'm going to cancel this request for help. I've installed the 777F and will use that instead. Please consider this a dead issue. Thanks.

Glenn

I am also experiencing this issue with both the MD11 *and* the PMDG 747 (Boxed) and cannot for the life of me figure this one out. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks.

I am also experiencing this issue with both the MD11 *and* the PMDG 747 (Boxed) and cannot for the life of me figure this one out. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Google, download, and run (as an administrator) the Flight1 Registry Repair tool.

Kyle Rodgers

Google, download, and run (as an administrator) the Flight1 Registry Repair tool.

Hi Kyle,

I have tried that numerous times already, and no change. I also checked manually in the registry and the correct entries appear to be there. It should be noted that I am using FSX Steam Edition -- not that I think it makes a difference. 

EDIT

Ok well I don't know whether you have psychic powers or something Kyle, but I just did the registry fixer *again* and now... it works.

0f11649bc9.jpg

Smack-dab on that magenta line  :wink: whereas before, it didn't. Great stuff.