Sign in to follow this  
Hirdy2013

Flightsimcon 2015 Updates?

Hi there,

I notice a lot of developers have taken time to update customers on Facebook regards Flightsimcon 2015.

Nothing from PMDG re:

"Robert Randazzo, CEO of the Precision Manuals Development Group (PMDG), will discuss some exciting news and updates from the company. As many flight simulation enthusiasts know, PMDG is a leading flight simulation developer, and the creator of extremely popular airliner add-ons including the NGX and 777"

Do you guys plan on letting those that could not attend some info on the "exciting news" and "updates"?

Hirdy

I would love to hear about any updates as well. I think a couple of years back, someone had recorded a video of the presentation. Not sure if something similar was done this time around.

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Exciting news in short: The DC6 has entered beta testing. Also they are in phase 2 of going about making their products more cockpit builder friendly. Ie network displays, running on multiple PCs across a network. They are also working on a simulator center in Norfolk with thier products driving said simulators.They will not be full motion but will be open to the general public(by appointment). As per standard modus operandi no timeframe was given.

I recorded the whole speech and hope to get it up on youtube for you guys when I get back home as the afterparty is still happening.Flying home tomorrow.

Do you guys plan on letting those that could not attend some info on the "exciting news" and "updates"?

Six duplicate posts is way short of the record. Keep on clicking on post and you will make it one of these days.

Six duplicate posts is way short of the record. Keep on clicking on post and you will make it one of these days.

Thanks for the feedback.

The server was playing up and I wasn't sure the post went through.

Exciting news in short: The DC6 has entered beta testing. Also they are in phase 2 of going about making their products more cockpit builder friendly. Ie network displays, running on multiple PCs across a network. They are also working on a simulator center in Norfolk with thier products driving said simulators.They will not be full motion but will be open to the general public(by appointment). As per standard modus operandi no timeframe was given.

I recorded the whole speech and hope to get it up on youtube for you guys when I get back home as the afterparty is still happening.Flying home tomorrow.

Awesome.  Cheers bud.  Look forward to it.

Hirdy

Thanks for letting us know! I was also wondering the same thing as Hirdy - what news PMDG has for us.

No news on the 747 v2 then?

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

The server was playing up and I wasn't sure the post went through.

You could have checked if it did go through

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Do you guys plan on letting those that could not attend some info on the "exciting news" and "updates"?

RSR will write something up in a more formal update probably sometime this week.

The gist of it is (as Steve mentioned):

• DC6 in beta
  • Brief 744/748 updates
  • Home flight deck compatibility
  • Sim center

I'll let RSR handle more of the details.

They are also working on a simulator center in Norfolk with thier products driving said simulators.They will not be full motion but will be open to the general public(by appointment). As per standard modus operandi no timeframe was given.

Man, that would be a heck of a commute for me. Manassas is far enough.

Norfolk... *shudder*  :P

To me, I-66 is enough of a pain. I-95 would certainly drive me nuts.

Kyle Rodgers

All wonderful news bits. Did they mention if the DC-6 was in XP and FSX/P3D beta, or just one of the platforms?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

One presumes that is Norfolk somewhere in the US and not Norfolk in the UK?

Was just thinking the same thing. I'm pretty sure every town and county in the UK has an equivalent in America :)

One presumes that is Norfolk somewhere in the US and not Norfolk in the UK?

Was just thinking the same thing. I'm pretty sure every town and county in the UK has an equivalent in America :)

Being a US company, I think that could be narrowed down pretty significantly. Either way, it's beside the point because it's not going to be in Norfolk; it'll be in Manassas at KHEF.

All wonderful news bits. Did they mention if the DC-6 was in XP and FSX/P3D beta, or just one of the platforms?

As mentioned in the original discussions: XP first, and then it will be moved into the other platforms at a later date. Putting something in beta across all platforms would create a logistical nightmare.

Kyle Rodgers

Man, that would be a heck of a commute for me. Manassas is far enough.

Norfolk... *shudder* 
To me, I-66 is enough of a pain. I-95 would certainly drive me nuts.

I could've sworn that's what he said :)

Haven't had a chance to watch all the videos again yet. Just came off the return flight home and am trying to import/convert the files.

You guys really missed out it was a great time for my family and myself. I will definitely attend again.

I could've sworn that's what he said :)

Haven't had a chance to watch all the videos again yet. Just came off the return flight home and am trying to import/convert the files.

Interested to see those videos. I was standing at the back, so I was distracted by everyone coming in and going out...SQUIRREL!

Kyle Rodgers