Sign in to follow this  
Hirdy2013

Flightsimcon 2015 Updates?

My sister used to live in Manassas - As they used to say about Norfolk,  Norfolk, Norfolk, where the women don't drink nor smoke, Norfolk....

I do like to visit there,maybe it's the hillbilly in me.

You know, to be honest, I thought my dad made that up as a joke, but I was apparently wrong. You're the first person I've seen use that other than him.

Hey now, no ragging on Manassas.  Travelling I-95 to Norfolk is a piece of cake...as long as you travel at 5:00am. :)

haha - I make fun of everywhere equally. I live in the crunchy granola-land of Northern Virginia where everyone drives a Prius or a Subaru. Manassas has really come up over the years, too. I still like to take shots at the various spots, though.

Kyle Rodgers

Posted Today, 01:21 PM
Jude Bradley, on 16 Jun 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:
My sister used to live in Manassas - As they used to say about Norfolk,  Norfolk, Norfolk, where the women don't drink nor smoke, Norfolk....
I do like to visit there,maybe it's the hillbilly in me.

You know, to be honest, I thought my dad made that up as a joke, but I was apparently wrong. You're the first person I've seen use that other than him.

I hadn't heard the phrase myself since I was transferred from Tidewater to CT back in the day. I thought the comments originated with us sailors...

Larry Feickert

Eschew obfuscation...

haha - I make fun of everywhere equally. I live in the crunchy granola-land of Northern Virginia where everyone drives a Prius or a Subaru. Manassas has really come up over the years, too. I still like to take shots at the various spots, though.

Oh I know, I was making equal fun right back at ya.  I try not to get too close to Arlington, Alexandria if I can help it.  Manassas is my little slice of hell, all by itself. lol  It's about as close to DC as I will live, trust me.  One good thing about Manassas...I get good views of the planes coming in and taking off from KIAD.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

That is too funny and I had a good laugh at that one!  Being that I've been in DC for 6 years and moved from Oregon (Portland and Eugene) I would have never thought someone would describe N. VA as crunchy :)  I'm just giving you  a hard time (East Coaster :).

Want to see crunchy?  Go to Eugene for the Oregon Country Fair.

Interesting to hear about Manassas.  I was just out there a month ago to check out the B29, B17, and other aircraft that were participating for the Fly Over in DC. Yes, I even had to battle 66 on a Saturday...with traffic.   Ughh...95.  Thank goodness I don't have to commute on any freeway in the beltway.

Sorry, I'm really off topic.

Chris B. Trane

Interesting to hear about Manassas. I was just out there a month ago to check out the B29, B17, and other aircraft that were participating for the Fly Over in DC. Yes, I even had to battle 66 on a Saturday...with traffic. Ughh...95. Thank goodness I don't have to commute on any freeway in the beltway.

Sorry, I'm really off topic.

Really? I was there pretty much the whole weekend. We took the 3 out on Saturday, and I showed my family around on Sunday.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi there,

I notice a lot of developers have taken time to update customers on Facebook regards Flightsimcon 2015.

Nothing from PMDG re:

"Robert Randazzo, CEO of the Precision Manuals Development Group (PMDG), will discuss some exciting news and updates from the company. As many flight simulation enthusiasts know, PMDG is a leading flight simulation developer, and the creator of extremely popular airliner add-ons including the NGX and 777"

Do you guys plan on letting those that could not attend some info on the "exciting news" and "updates"?

Hirdy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=12&v=CCJiul6c7fU

Dave Taylor gb.png

Really? I was there pretty much the whole weekend. We took the 3 out on Saturday, and I showed my family around on Sunday.

It was one of the best aviation experiences I've had.  It was the first time I saw those aircraft out of a musuem. We waited around for FiFi to start up (think it was around 3ish), which made the hairs on my neck stand up.  I have a soft spot for the B17, love the sound of the start up.  But the B29 made the B17 sound like a Prius.  What a great day and weekend!  The Fly Over was pretty incredible on Friday, my office is next to the mall but I went down around Washington Monument to watch.  It was pretty cool to see the crowds enjoying the event and having the WW2 vets around was very special.  

Chris B. Trane

I also enjoyed the two day weekend FSIMCON. Captain Robert Randazzo gave a very nice seminar. He said the Sim Center will be in Viriginia, USA and not sure if it will start with 747 or the T7 sim.

He also said that PMDG is in full support of the sim community. Whichever direction the plateform might be PMDG will support it.

Captain Vallilo (Retired AAL Pilot) gave a very nice seminar on day 2 about flight planning like a pro using a typical New York -Rome transatlantic flight. It was humourours and extremley informant

What I missed, there was nothing about Prepared either in exhibit or lectures.

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

not sure if it will start with 747 or the T7 sim.

The 748 is the first to be built, but likely won't be the first people have access to. There's a debate between the 737 and 777, but RSR noted that he's leaning toward the 777 (in the video linked above). I've been working on packages for both, so whatever happens, we'll be ready.

Kyle Rodgers

Well, I'm originally from that part of Virginia.  If I'm ever invited to a family reunion, I now have reason to look forward to going B) :lol:

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Well, I'm originally from that part of Virginia.  If I'm ever invited to a family reunion, I now have reason to look forward to going B) :lol:

Lucky you. I still live here and every time someone wants to do a family reunion, they want to drag us up to North Dakota. You know, because there are so many exciting things to do there...  :rolleyes:

Kyle Rodgers

I live in California and I hope that PMDG will consider an additional sim location on the west coast.  BTW - I was at FlightSimCom and on my way back to the Hotel on Saturday afternoon I drove by Signature Flight Support and couldn't help but notice the Captain's beautiful Pan Am DC3.  If he'd throw in a free ride on that baby I'd gladly come out to Virginia and try out the simulator.  My wife also suggested that it would be a great if the Captain considered having a drawing (maybe $10 - $20 per chance?)  for a few rides and gave the proceeds to an aviation related charity (e.g., Flying Doctors) in memory of Tom Allensworth.

Lucky you. I still live here and every time someone wants to do a family reunion, they want to drag us up to North Dakota. You know, because there are so many exciting things to do there...  :rolleyes:

When I was in the Air Force, all of my classmates in basic feared the possibility of being stationed at Minot.  No one in my class got the honor, but myself and one other DID have the honor of being based at Loring, which was just as bad.  "Why not Minot?  Freez'ns the reason!" haha

I can think of a bunch of things to do in North Dakota...drinking, snowmobiling, more drinking, playing cards, even more drinking, drunk'n snowmobiling, passing out...

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

When I was in the Air Force, all of my classmates in basic feared the possibility of being stationed at Minot.  No one in my class got the honor, but myself and one other DID have the honor of being based at Loring, which was just as bad.  "Why not Minot?  Freez'ns the reason!" haha

I can think of a bunch of things to do in North Dakota...drinking, snowmobiling, more drinking, playing cards, even more drinking, drunk'n snowmobiling, passing out...

I was in Minot (and Bowbells) in July. I'm sure it would've been more enjoyable had snowmobiling been an option, but the only option was bake out in some park with very few trees. The only thing I remember doing for entertainment was playing with firecrackers.

Disclaimer: Stay Safe. Treat pyrotechnics with care!

Kyle Rodgers

Hello everyone,

I very rarely post in this forum these days due to all my ATPL studies, but I've just finished watching the Hour long Flight Sim discussion at Flightsim Con and the amazing, excellent, exciting presentation/keynote by PMDG!

Literally insane, once that place is open up, I think a trip to the States is in order in a few years time!

I just want to briefly say something very important and personal to me towards PMDG, which kind of echoes what Robert said. I just want to thank YOU, the community, PMDG, the developers, fans, support staff, youtubers, forum posters etc for bringing me into the world of flight sim.

I started off with FS2002 years ago, and found a love with it to then start training for my PPL and now onwards into my ATPL Studies. It's been an insane journey and it's only beginning.. It's totally right what Robert said, Flightsim is a major factor for some people, like myself, which makes that person want to get into aviation as a career.

So, what I am trying to say is, PMDG and everyone, thank you so much. I probably wouldn't be here today without that first flight on my Flightsim!

Many thanks Robert and the team, and to everyone around the world,

Tristan Marchent :)

P.s. I'll try and post a bit more often, I seriously cannot wait for the new 744V2!

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU