Sign in to follow this  
mtaxp

PMDG DC-6 is In beta tests

Announced in the flightsimcon2015.

RSR said that he's expecting the beta to take a bit longer than usual as it's the first Xplane product , but my personal feeling is a late summer release.

After this , Im super curious to see which airline they'll conver first , I hope that we will get a 737NG next , A complete 737s (FlyJsim 732 , IXEG 733 , PMDG 737NG) fleet will be great :D

P.S. there was a 10 mintues Q/A with the IXEG team in the FlightSimCon , I hope we will get a chance to see it.

Commercial wise 747 would be a better choice since IXEG 737 looks on par with PMDG

Commercial wise 747 would be a better choice since IXEG 737 looks on par with PMDG

Watching people in the forums , 737NG is the most wanted plane...

IXEG might do that later after 737CL , but it I believe it depends wether PMDG will do it first or not...

Besides , 747 is not even out yet in FSX.

Either way , great times in Xplane , IXEG and PMDG developing for the same platform!

Well the IXEG has been coming for about 5 years, and you can't trust anything PMDG say about timing, so I would make other simming plans for the next 2 years at least...

• Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Lol, agree with you Scotch. Hopefully, it's out late summer.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I will buy this not because I am a fan of oldies, but to show support for the dev (we wants NGX we does precious). However with the new X-Plane GPS we will easily be able to import flight plans so maybe the old girl will get to fly a few specials for Worldwide Virtual hehe. ;)

I will buy this not because I am a fan of oldies, but to show support for the dev (we wants NGX we does precious).

I'm hoping they'll at least create another product for X-Plane, even if this one doesn't sell as well as they'd hope. IMO, even though it's not a particularly popular plane, I think it will do well simply because of the company behind it.

RSR already said that it doesn't really matter how the DC-6 sales goes , it's mainly about learning to deal with Xplane.

Somebody at the org posted a really interesting quote from the PC pilot magazine , by PMDG:

Our evaluation of X-Plane as a platform will take place after we release our first first full Boeing airliner into the platform in 2016"

If you watch the Flightsimcon You Tube video where there is a panel discussing the future of flight sim Robert Randazzo states clearly that the future of flight sim lies (in his opinion) with how the platforms interact with the developers - he singles out Laminar as being amongst the best at this stating that he gets answers in minutes and hours or sometimes days if it is very compex, but things get changed and fixed very quickly (Austin is in the audience although you can't see him). There is another PMDG video filmed at the conference where he again talks extensively about X Plane and the fact that he now has a development team that have been through the learning process and indicates very strongly that the NGX/747 etc will follow. He also states in the last issue of PC Pilot that XP is probably the best sim platform in many ways from a developers point of view. He has clearly come to this conclusion through the devlopment process and by using the platform himself - there is a funny moment in the panel discussion where Froogle (Peter Wright) points out how he has changed his view based on an historic e-mail exchange between the two of them. My take on all this is that it is his intention to follow through on the development of more aircraft for X Plane - let's hope so because it surely msut help the size of the user base and that should, in turn, encourage more developers across.

cheers

Peter

Maybe its' getting close.  Can only hope they port their 777 to X-Plane soon.

• Upvote 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I am actually really happy they went with this particular aircraft. Even though DC-7 would be even closer to my liking, it falls perfectly in the spectrum of interests I have for prop airliners. I have never owned a PMDG product, as I don't really use FSX, but heard only good things, so I am really excited.