Sign in to follow this  
Altidude

What is keyboard cmd to open MCP window only?

Does anyone know the keyboard command to open the MCP window with PMDG 737 ngx? I just want to assign a pushbutton to open and close the window. Thanks

Larry Cox

Full names on all posts in this forum please.

I've not run into the availability of a MCP window in the NGX similar to the feature in the 777.  There are 2D panel views, all described in the Introduction starting at pg 55.

Dan Downs KCRP

the keyboard command to open the MCP window with PMDG 737 ngx?

There is no MCP window in the NGX. So there is no keyboard command.

Suggest you purchase OpusFSI and use their amazing Live Camera option, you can then set up any camera shot you want.

Or Ezdoc for camera views. Works better if your using ASN. Opus like's its own weather engine, the NG  needs ASN for WXR.

Have a look on you tube for Matt Davies or frooglesim for some great vid's both use ezdoc so you can see how it works.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi Dan, I updated my signature, sorry about that.

Hi David, EZdoc looks cool, I will get the addon. I do use ASN. It also appears EZdoc views are accessible via keyboard commands, which will be very useful for my situation.

Hi Michael, NGX does have an MCP window. It is accessible from: View menu / drop down / Instrument Panel / MCP (full) selection. I just cannot find a keyboard command for it or where to assign one. CDU setup does not offer an option for the MCP window, only actual controls on the MCP itself. Thanks for all your input!  Larry

Larry Cox

Hi Dan, I updated signature, sorry about that.

Hi David, EZdoc looks cool, I will get the addon. I do use ASN. It also appears EZdoc views are accessible via keyboard commands, very useful for my situation.

Hi Michael, NGX does have an MCP window. It is accessible from: View menu / drop down / Instrument Panel / MCP (full) selection. Thanks for all your input!  Larry

Hi Chris, I built a full overhead panel, pilot side center console, MCP and pilot side efis panel.  I could not figure out how to program Opencockpits LED output boards so I need to see MCP for "course", "speed" and altitude adjustments etc. I use 3 "32" inch lcds with triple head to go. My MCP has "generic" numbers in the LED displays only for that "feel there" effect. I want to set up a button on my MCP to open the MCP window for these adjustments.  I currently use the "test" button on my COMM radio to open the radio panel for quick frequency changes which are done on my center console radio panel. The LEDS on radio panel are not connected to simulator as the MCP are not either. I use a real Boeing radio panel wires to Leo Bodnar usb card.

Larry Cox

Hi Michael, NGX does have an MCP window. It is accessible from: View menu / drop down / Instrument Panel / MCP (full) selection.

You are right. I have never used the menu bar. A lot of different views. I have always right clicked in the sky area.

I found using shift plus  "F" keys will open most pertinent windows with 737 (radios, overhead and throttles, etc) but cannot find key command for MCP window. I will be installing EZdoc and will probably give up the key command option for now.

Larry Cox

I don't have the NGX loaded at the moment, but looking at the panel file, Shift-8 should open the MCP window.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I was said that wrong, shift plus "number" keys, not "F" keys. My typo.

Mike, Which panel file are you looking at, I see 5 of them? Shift 8 opens the lower lighting panel. Shift 9 opens the lower DU.

Thanks, Larry

Larry Cox

Mike, Which panel file are you looking at, I see 5 of them? Shift 8 opens the lower lighting panel. Shift 9 opens the lower DU.

Thanks, Larry

Hi, Larry,

OK, I got time to look further. There are four panel options in the base panel folder.

Two of them, panel_VC_High.cfg and panel_VC_low.cfg have no entries for 2D/popup panels.

Panel_Wide.cfg and panel_4_3.cfg do have MCP (Full) as Window09. Window09 can't be used with

a shift-X key AFAIK,as that would be Shift-10, which doesn't exist.

I am using Panel_Wide, but I must have moved the windows around so I could use

Shift-8 on the MCP. This is very easy to do. But be sure to back up your panel.cfg file

first!

Near the beginning of the panel.cfg file is an entry [Window Titles]. Under it are entries for all the 2D/popup windows. You can

rearrange the window order and numbers so that MCP(full) is Window08 or lower. Then you can

get to it w/ a shift-8 key (or lower). Of course you will no longer be able to use shift-X for

another window that you move up to 09 or higher.

The next and final step is to change the numbers on the two windows you changed in the

opening list. Search for [Window09], make sure it is the MCP window, and change the number

to [window08]. Then find the Window you are exchanging with the MCP window, which will be the old

[Window08] and rename it to [Window09]. Window08, the MCP will now open with

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2