Sign in to follow this  
arnobg

LatinVFR KRSW Released!

Anyone have it yet, it looks like quite an impressive coverage area and detail for the price. Glad someone finally did this airport.

Looks good but I've felt burned by most of their latest offerings. Waiting this one out...

D*** it.  I thought I was done buying airports for a while. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Wow.   That is a nice mid size airport at a good price.    ARGH!   My wallet begs for mercy!   Come on payday Friday... I needs my Southwest destinations completed!

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

D*** it.  I thought I was done buying airports for a while. 

Yes, and my life with addons reminds me of Steve Martin in the (I don't need anything) scene in "The Jerk"

I don't need anymore airports, except for this one... I won't buy another plane, but I sure won't pass up the Navajo.... All I need is KRSW and a Piper Navajo and nothing else!!! Oh wait I just pre-paid for the GR1 Tornado. I won't buy another plane after the Tornado, except for the Sim Skunk Works Tornado.  That's all I need. And I need the SimWorks Studio F-4B when it comes out and nothing else. Then there is the Deltasim Studio USS ESSEX LHD 2, and so on and so and that's just my FSX/P3D list and does not include what I am doing for my XP10. I think I need therapy.

Keith Guillory

Yes, and my life with addons reminds me of Steve Martin in the (I don't need anything) scene in "The Jerk"

I don't need anymore airports, except for this one... I won't buy another plane, but I sure won't pass up the Navajo.... All I need is KRSW and a Piper Navajo and nothing else!!! Oh wait I just pre-paid for the GR1 Tornado. I won't buy another plane after the Tornado, except for the Sim Skunk Works Tornado.  That's all I need. And I need the SimWorks Studio F-4B when it comes out and nothing else. Then there is the Deltasim Studio USS ESSEX LHD 2, and so on and so and that's just my FSX/P3D list and does not include what I am doing for my XP10. I think I need therapy.

Too funny...great post!

Here's two good links on this:

http://www.flycay.com/forums/showthread.php?5675-KRSW-Southwest-Florida-International-Airport-Preview-3-Prepar3d-v2-5

http://www.flycay.com/forums/showthread.php?5678-KRSW-Southwest-Florida-International-Airport-Preview-4

I picked up this airport this morning and flew around it for a while.  Framerates were really good, 25-50, mostly in the 30-45 range with both the Mustang and NGX.  VAS was 2600MB after panning around in the NGX.  I run my sliders a couple of notches from the right when I'm flying between commercial airports with tougher airplanes so consider that.

Here are some screenshots:

You can't really tell that well from the shot but the trees are really nice...the tall pines you typically see in the southeast.  Also the powerlines were a nice addition.  The ramp textures were flawless.

YbN3ARS.jpg

Nothing to complain about here...runway textures were perfect and the buildings were as good as any airport I own.  There are quite a number of on and off airport buildings, static aircraft and both static and animated people.

TCCrpBv.jpg

A picture from on final...the coverage area around the airport is quite large, extending way off in the distance to the shore on the other end of this pic.

CsUicyP.jpg

A picture of that distant shoreline...

xbCfpjV.jpg

Marshwater on final looks kind of frozen.  Probably the worst thing I would say about this scenery.  Not something you're much to notice, though unless you're looking for it.

p5MBytc.jpg

A shot from the other end of the runway.  Sliders two notches down so consider that...

0avPdGm.jpg

Lights at night (Note that Night Environment is providing the road lights).  Framerates didn't change at night...

yXxKPcO.jpg

Closer on final.  Notice the off-airport buildings off on the left.  Buildings all look sharp and well done.

rGRptD0.jpg

Be nice if they'd give an option to tone down the runway lights a bit...

6aTpXrz.png

Nightlighting at the terminal...

K5U5mak.jpg

One of the animated folks...I think he lost something...

wdT0271.jpg

Another shot down the terminal.  The jetways move with Ctrl-J.  The glass at the terminal is really nice...you can see all the way through to the other side and there are reflextions.  Interior looks good too.

qAn5J09.jpg

One last shot of the terminal with the NGX...

EL2Fm2h.jpg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

AirDailyX did a live stream that shows the airport quite well...

https://youtu.be/SbJu4zWCqnI?t=654

Gregg Seipp

I bought and tried this airport yesterday after tried another new Florida airport, Aerosoft's Daytona Beach Intl, about a week ago.

Despite being cheaper in price than Daytona, I consider it to be better.

Also, in terms of location I found it to be usefully placed between the airports which I have on the east coast of Florida and SXAirportDesign's Pensacola Intl in the west of the State.

Gary

Despite being cheaper in price than Daytona, I consider it to be better.

I agree.  I have both.  Daytona would have been better if they'd have filled in the surrounding area with more buildings...large coverage but it's almost all trees.

How is that Pensacola?  I've looked at it but I scratch my head.

Gregg Seipp

Gregg

I bought Pensacola and another SXAD product, Norfolk International, when they were each first released.

In my opinion, they are value for money and worth buying. As frequently happens, I don't think their screenshots on various retail sites do them justice.

Gary

A bit of a necropost, but I was reluctant to begin another thread to say that I've just purchased this airport. Well, KRSW is Western Global's main hub, and I do have a WG liveried MD-11 which I fly around occasionally! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)