Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

PMDG 747-400 V2

Hi guys, just wondering if someone from the development team working on the 747 can answer a quick, simple question for me. In the current NGX, we can have weights entered automatically, trim as well. Will the 747 V2 have this capability as well?

Hi guys, just wondering if someone from the development team working on the 747 can answer a quick, simple question for me. In the current NGX, we can have weights entered automatically, trim as well. Will the 747 V2 have this capability as well?

If the NGX has it and the 777 has it, I'm not sure why we'd drop a function. Barring development snags, I don't see why not.

Kyle Rodgers

That's what I am hoping, Kyle.

One other thing for my wishlist on the 747 V2 would be for the views looking out over the wings/engines from the passenger cabin to have a kind of simulated glass/window shade look, just as though we were looking out of a real 747. This would be instead of just a plain wing view, if you know what I mean. I've seen youtube videos by someone who's done this.

One other thing for my wishlist on the 747 V2 would be for the views looking out over the wings/engines from the passenger cabin to have a kind of simulated glass/window shade look, just as though we were looking out of a real 747. This would be instead of just a plain wing view, if you know what I mean. I've seen youtube videos by someone who's done this.

Those are usually outside-of-the-sim renders, done in a video editor (if it's our product anyway). All of our other stuff has wing views, but I doubt it'll be too different from what we've done before.

Kyle Rodgers

Matt that is post-production stuff. You take the video and then start playing around with it in the editor as Kyle states.

You can do this too with some software, I suggest you look at Adobe Creative Cloud, which is a monthly subscription and at a pretty good price. However, in terms in in-game, no

Just to jump in regarding something I would like to see. In the "ground connections" option could we have a set of passenger stairs? At the moment when parked on remote stands with the doors open it looks a bit unrealistic.

Just to jump in regarding something I would like to see. In the "ground connections" option could we have a set of passenger stairs? At the moment when parked on remote stands with the doors open it looks a bit unrealistic.

This is where GSX and those sort of add-ons come in. We usually stress the sim to the max with animations and polys. Based on the NGX and 777, I don't think we'd go back to adding ground stuff like the original FS9 744 back in.

You mean like the NGX? I don't think the 747 has a set of fold away stairs

The original FS9 744 had limited ground equipment that you could show/hide with key commands (tailstand, cargo loaders, stairs, etc).

Kyle Rodgers

Ah makes sense. I don't have GEX or..UES..UCE...I cant remember what's it's called. But nothing a Ctrl + J or FS2Crew doesn't sort out. But to me, I expect a plane, anything else I call out of PMDG's area. Get the plane right

Ok, Understand if that would impact on performance etc. It was just a little "wish for" as with the 777 we have the cones around the plane and the air carts.

Oh you mean the GPU and the air cart? We've had that in the two other planes, I'm sure Kyle can tell us if we do, but I expect that as well. I thought you mean the food and baggage cars that GEX provides

Ok, Understand if that would impact on performance etc. It was just a little "wish for" as with the 777 we have the cones around the plane and the air carts.

If it's in the NGX and 777, I think you can be relatively sure it's going to be in the 744 as far as extras go.

Kyle Rodgers

Matt that is post-production stuff. You take the video and then start playing around with it in the editor as Kyle states.

You can do this too with some software, I suggest you look at Adobe Creative Cloud, which is a monthly subscription and at a pretty good price. However, in terms in in-game, no

Thanks, Chris. I know that this can be done that way, but look how much effort it is doing it that way AND you don't get to see that effect until AFTER you've completed the flight. What I would like is the option in the FMC to show the window frame or not show it so as to give us a choice instead of forcing this upon everyone, as not all may agree with me wanting to see the window frame. Surely this wouldn't be difficult for PMDG to implement? I think it would actually increase the realism factor if anything!

It's a lot, plus the the effect on VAS, and frame rate and also, plus the effort on frames. We want a great plane to fly, that doesn't exceed VAS and FPS. We're already struggling with VAS on flights as it is, to the point where users remove the outside model of the plane to give themselves a chance. It's a huge ask for little gain. Sorry mate, best open that video editor :)