Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

PMDG 747-400 V2

Guys,

I keep repeating myself here in an effort to get you all to use a little logic, while not committing us to anything, specifically. Being a database guy, I do appreciate precision regarding the difference between the AND and OR operators (I used "and" in my earlier sentence when I should've used "or" - the NGX obviously doesn't have accel, though the 777 does), but my earlier statement in its essence still holds true:

If the NGX has it or the 777 has it, I'm not sure why we'd randomly drop a peripheral function.

Using that basic test you can come to some pretty reasonable conclusions without asking us, piecemeal, what it will or won't come with. Otherwise, I'll have one post about how, yes, it'll have landing gear; another with, yes, it will have an autopilot; and yet another with, yes, it will have failures modeled.

Look at past offerings. Those will be a good representation of what will be in future offerings. Is that not logical?

Kyle Rodgers

Use a NOR gate for that :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Do you know anything about the price?

Prices aren't discussed until they're set, which doesn't usually happen until just before release.

Kyle Rodgers

Will there be a LCF variant?

Ike-

Thus far we have all three engine variants and the 400 in the F, M, ER, BCF and plain old vanilla 400 variant, along with CRTs, LCDs, Standard standby instruments, EISD, GPS enabled or disabled, the old and new style of fuel scavenge, old and new style of apu fuel feed, and approximately 180 other options you can use to customize your airplane.

It is unlikely the D will get any consideration because we cannot find actual perf data for the airplane.  (We requested it and were denied...)  We will probably let you turn the winglets off tho- if you are just looking for a visual impact.

LCF: Eventually- but not as part of the base package.

Moving on from there, we have the 748i/F coming along nicely as well- and those are ground up simulations including all the system differences and the ECL, etc...

So...  To answer your question in short:  Yes.

Source: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/458937-747-v2-engines/?p=3146376

sig1.png
sig2.png

What model of the 747 is known as the D? Never heard of it.

What model of the 747 is known as the D? Never heard of it.

The -400D is the domestic variant, primarily developed for high-density markets (Japan).  Smaller fuel capacity (I'm wanting to say no horizontal stab tank but I'm sure someone else here knows for sure), no winglets.  And they sure knew how to pack 'em in at 550+ passengers.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Most of these questions have obvious answers but your all funny nonetheless albeit no doubt bored for asking such. Im just waiting for someone to ask if it will have wings and will the landing gear be included. lol

On a side note, I dont see how requesting leniency on the VAS is relevant. The 777 is not responsible for OOMs anymore than another aircraft, highly detailed airport, scenery, or weather conditions. Its all a combination of what your using at the time. PMDG aircraft are sophisticated models so they will have a larger memory footprint, and reducing it would mean features get canned and then we would have people complaining about it. Disable the exterior model and or lower graphics settings, and or disable airport loads, and or and or  the list goes on. until we get 64 bit sims, this will continue on and on. Devs are not going to digress in their work but want to continue to improve be it visuals, modelling, and systems. Im sure they are all very well aware by now, of the 4gb limit and how sensitive it is to all and therefore do all in their power to minimize the footprint needed without compromising the whole project plans.

Long live the Queen of the skies

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Will the 747V2 be able to be installed into X-plane or only FSX/P3D at present time then will we get another version for X-plane and like the DC-6 will it have working curcuit breakers as well or will that be an update in the far future.

William Gliva

Dear PMDG Staff people,

I have a question, if i may?

I appreciate that you can't talk about pricing, i am not asking for specifics.  Will you be supporting P3D on the same basis as your previous releases?  I.e. you won't be supporting only the Academic version, like certain other developers have started.

Ian R Tyldesley

Im just waiting for someone to ask if it will have wings and will the landing gear be included. lol

I've got bad news for you, but they aren't.

We're hoping to tow the 744V2 with the V1 to increase capacity and range.

Brings a whole new meaning to "drag", right?

Cue lots of serious questions about paying for V1 and V2, from folk who think I'm not joking :)

The -400D is the domestic variant, primarily developed for high-density markets (Japan).  Smaller fuel capacity (I'm wanting to say no horizontal stab tank but I'm sure someone else here knows for sure), no winglets.  And they sure knew how to pack 'em in at 550+ passengers.

IIRC they had a strengthened landing gear, but I don't think the fuel system was changed. The -400D was supposed to be convertible to -400 long haul configuration if required.

If PMDG make the winglets a user optional (as they were on the 747v1) then the -400D can be replicated visually at least.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Have there been any thoughts on including the BA version of the GPWS sounds?

As per