Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy a Nvidia 980Ti and was wondering which is a better brand in terms of quality and design of card as well as the output?

Your feedback is much appreciated .

Regards

Rock solid return policy - life time - cant beat that 

Rich Sennett

I'd vote for EVGA based on the warranty they offer.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Asus and EVGA BOTH offer 3 year warranties, however there is a free upgrade available for certain new EVGA cards to extend it for another 2 years.

Lifetime warranties are only available on certain EVGA products none of which are the 970,980 and Titans. Either way, they are both great manufacturers.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I'll throw in the EVGA vote. The trade up program is great, and the boost clocks are usually a little higher out of the box. Asus for mobo, EVGA for graphics, for me, anyway.

Some of the EVGA cards have higher speeds than other options and some have less. Speeds out of the box mean little as it's so simple to bump them up yourself. It's a simple marketing ploy to nickel and dime buyers.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

My last 5 or 6 cards have been EVGA. I've never had a problem. As stated above, they have an upgrade program for certain cards. I don't believe it is free though.

NAX669.png

Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy a Nvidia 980Ti and was wondering which is a better brand in terms of quality and design of card as well as the output?

Your feedback is much appreciated .

Regards

Can you buy one for me? I`m EVGA all the way, buy the Gigabyte it seems much better. 

My%20Signature.jpg

Rock solid return policy - life time - cant beat that 

Hey Rich.

I'm thinking of upgrading my GTX660.  I'm running an i7 2700k, probably won't upgrade for a while but some advice on what to upgrade the GPU to?  Using FSX DX9, everything runs pretty good now however wouldn't mind trying to lock down a steady 30FPS if possible.

There is no beating EVGA in terms of customer service, providing you register your new card as they ask.  I can attest from personal gcard RMA service that it realistically can't get any better.  Though for non-reference gcard design I prefer MSI, of which my last two gcard purchases have been.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Just because nobody voted for Asus,  I'd like to note that my last three video cards have been Asus cards and all have worked well.   Currently running a GTX770.   Solid performer.

Bert

Hey Rich.

I'm thinking of upgrading my GTX660.  I'm running an i7 2700k, probably won't upgrade for a while but some advice on what to upgrade the GPU to?  Using FSX DX9, everything runs pretty good now however wouldn't mind trying to lock down a steady 30FPS if possible.

Jas for the money I would go with 980ti - if you sli that would be the most economical as I have stated I didnt notice a huge difference between titan and titan x

Rich Sennett