Sign in to follow this  
keight

UBBB Baku Scenery (FSX/P3D/FS9)

Wow looks great

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

That does indeed look great, thank you for the headsup keight. :smile:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

baku1_zps5glw9bhx.jpg

baku2_zpsbykknm3l.jpg

baku4_zpscqmajts0.jpg

baku3_zpspjmofy2v.jpg

baku5_zpsfysy25ug.jpg

baku6_zpsqhmeu43c.jpg

rain1_zpsxx3fwkzr.jpg

rain3_zps7ts21yny.jpg

rain2_zpsemj3glu9.jpg

bak33_zpsmogxmc12.jpg

bak7_zps2esxenbo.jpg

bak1_zpsp9seufdl.jpg

bak10_zpsl7bqypxv.jpg

bak8_zps9ohefpjn.jpg

bak6_zps1z1rhsoj.jpg

bak5_zpsrohe2n8h.jpg

bak3_zpshq5i9lyu.jpg

bak2_zpspx7kmhvr.jpg

bak12_zpsmhwn5uur.jpg

bak13_zpsecltznzf.jpg

bak14_zpssik8r7fs.jpg

Baku X product by Drzewiecki Design, featuring the Heydar Aliyev airport as well as Baku City, whole-country photoreal ground and all (!) other Azerbaijan airports (in 'lite' quality), will be released this week. Stay tuned! This product will give you an amazing opportunity to visit the whole, extremely scenic country of Azerbaijan.

source

Don't give Drzewiecki[/size] a dime. He stole textures from another developer in the past

True (apparently), and not a very nice thing to do. However, that was five years ago and since then he has worked very hard on some of the best available sceneries. I am certainly not approving of theft of intellectual property, but there should also not be a perpetual penalty for it.

Peter

• Upvote 1

True (apparently), and not a very nice thing to do. However, that was five years ago and since then he has worked very hard on some of the best available sceneries. I am certainly not approving of theft of intellectual property, but there should also not be a perpetual penalty for it.

Peter

I bought some of his sceneries in the past before I learned about this, and I agree that they are quite good. Still, I cannot in good conscience support a developer who actively stole from another developer in the past, even if he provided an update to remove this property from his products. This indicates that he cares only about being caught, not about being morally or legally right, and it makes me suspicious that he isn't above doing this again. If someone here on avsim was caught supporting piracy, they would be removed from the community and not allowed back, no matter how many products they legally bought/supported afterwards, so I'm applying the same standard to Mr. Drzwiecki. I'm voting with my wallet, and it's important that other simmers know about this so that they may cast their own informed votes. 

I've learned about this incident about a year or two ago, and my first reaction

was the same as yours. However, after a while I started to change my mind. My job

requires me to supervise people from many different nationalities, including to

make sure that they do not steal intellectual property from others. I have observed

that people from former communist countries are often not as aware of intellectual property rights

as people from Western countries. However, I cannot remember a single case where such a

person committed intellectual property theft after they were advised of the

importance of this concept. I therefore decided to give Mr. Drzewiecki the benefit of

the doubt and started buying some of his sceneries again. He might just not have

been aware of the consequences of what he was doing.

Peter

I bought some of his sceneries in the past before I learned about this, and I agree that they are quite good. Still, I cannot in good conscience support a developer who actively stole from another developer in the past, even if he provided an update to remove this property from his products. This indicates that he cares only about being caught, not about being morally or legally right, and it makes me suspicious that he isn't above doing this again. If someone here on avsim was caught supporting piracy, they would be removed from the community and not allowed back, no matter how many products they legally bought/supported afterwards, so I'm applying the same standard to Mr. Drzwiecki. I'm voting with my wallet, and it's important that other simmers know about this so that they may cast their own informed votes. 

New developers borrow and copy from others, same with all artists. I think it was an honest mistake moving the wrong files into an installer and nothing more. You invented malicious intent when I don't see any evidence of that. There are not many high quality scenery developers in this hobby and if 5 years isn't enough time to forgive them for something they prompt corrected then there was no pleasing you any way! This scenery looks nice and another airport that has long been in need of a quality representation.

New developers borrow and copy from others, same with all artists.

Um, what? No, they don't. Stealing someone else's image and selling it in your own product isn't "borrowing", it's theft. 

I think it was an honest mistake moving the wrong files into an installer and nothing more. 

? Explain to me, how buying another developers product, going into the files, copying+pasting them into your own product, then selling them could possibly be an 'honest mistake'. 

You invented malicious intent when I don't see any evidence of that. 

And I don't see any evidence that it was an "honest mistake". But in any case, it doesn't matter. He broke the law, and as the developer he stole from pointed out, he never removed promotional materials featuring his images. 

if 5 years isn't enough time to forgive them for something they prompt corrected then there was no pleasing you any way! 

Why should we forgive him at all? Plenty of people have been removed from avsim (and other sites) for even discussing piracy and they are treated like the scum of the earth and would never be accepted back into the community. Why is this guy different when he shamelessly stole something another developer produced? Again, if I posted here that I downloaded a ripped copy of the PMDG 777 and sold it as my own creation, but later made my own 777, what would happen to me? I'd get banned no matter how many other nice addons I produced. 

It's good to know that theft is tolerated here on avsim as long as your products are pretty and you're a silly Eastern European who doesn't know any better...

• Upvote 1

Um, what? No, they don't. Stealing someone else's image and selling it in your own product isn't "borrowing", it's theft. 

? Explain to me, how buying another developers product, going into the files, copying+pasting them into your own product, then selling them could possibly be an 'honest mistake'. 

And I don't see any evidence that it was an "honest mistake". But in any case, it doesn't matter. He broke the law, and as the developer he stole from pointed out, he never removed promotional materials featuring his images. 

Why should we forgive him at all? Plenty of people have been removed from avsim (and other sites) for even discussing piracy and they are treated like the scum of the earth and would never be accepted back into the community. Why is this guy different when he shamelessly stole something another developer produced? Again, if I posted here that I downloaded a ripped copy of the PMDG 777 and sold it as my own creation, but later made my own 777, what would happen to me? I'd get banned no matter how many other nice addons I produced. 

It's good to know that theft is tolerated here on avsim as long as your products are pretty and you're a silly Eastern European who doesn't know any better...

You misunderstood what I said. I said some artists use other people's work to help them when the first start out. I never said it was tolerated you seem to be frustrated with something else in life so you come on here looking for a fight in an almost year old topic. Many big named contributors have at least one scandal in their past with similar actions and yet you hold a hostile grudge towards someone that has been honest for 5 years. Time to move on.

You misunderstood what I said. I said some artists use other people's work to help them when the first start out. I never said it was tolerated you seem to be frustrated with something else in life so you come on here looking for a fight in an almost year old topic. Many big named contributors have at least one scandal in their past with similar actions and yet you hold a hostile grudge towards someone that has been honest for 5 years. Time to move on.

First of all, the topic was updated yesterday with news of the impending release. And I'm not looking for a fight, I was informing people that Stanislaw is a pirate and am defending my position, which is what forums are for. And yes, I do hold a grudge against him because I know what it's like to have somebody steal my original work from me and make money off it, and these people should not be given a pass. 

Also, I'm really struggling to figure out what you mean by "some artists use other people's work to help them when the first start out. I never said it was tolerated" because a) you seem to be implying that it should be tolerated and b ) inspiration is different from blatant theft. 

But whatever. I posted the story because I just found out about it. Now, people reading this thread who had not known about this can decide whether to support someone who stole in the past or to take their money elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1

First of all, the topic was updated yesterday with news of the impending release. And I'm not looking for a fight, I was informing people that Stanislaw is a pirate and am defending my position, which is what forums are for. And yes, I do hold a grudge against him because I know what it's like to have somebody steal my original work from me and make money off it, and these people should not be given a pass. 

Also, I'm really struggling to figure out what you mean by "some artists use other people's work to help them when the first start out. I never said it was tolerated" because a) you seem to be implying that it should be tolerated and b ) inspiration is different from blatant theft. 

But whatever. I posted the story because I just found out about it. Now, people reading this thread who had not known about this can decide whether to support someone who stole in the past or to take their money elsewhere. 

"You seem to be saying"

That's exactly it. Your arguments here are just between you and the mirror you are yelling into. I stated that some artists use other people's work as inspiration and sometimes a texture turns out to be based on another this has happened in almost every scenery development company. This has also happened in AI design group companies. I don't see anyone demanding boycotts of a certain CRJ-900 AI model in fact if I go into the library there are repaints for it, this model had stolen work allegedly. You chose to project some large conspiracy where a developer used a texture and was trying to con the public into his genius scheme. I suggest some political blogs to post on that should help you get that anger you really want to post. They promptly took it down, apologised, and moved on. I suggest you do as well.