Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

I know it is a stupid question: FSX vs FSX SE

Pretty sure this has been asked and answered a few times already. The Search feature will set you free.

No ignorant questions, only ignorant answers!

FSX:SE is basically an updated version of the old FSX. It is marketed by a company called Dovetail that has the re-distribution rights from Microsoft. It is distributed as an on-line downloadable package from a company called 'Steam' (probably the largest gaming distributor) Also, from Steam, are unique downloadable add-ons.

The Steam version of FSX has been modded & the majority of guys say it is superior to the original. Also, being a downloadable product, it is far easier & simpler to re-install if needed. Also, all the older add-ons for FSX can be used.

Any further questions you might have are probably answered, as Jim says, by googling, by checking out the forums & by looking at the Steam site.

Good luck.

That, is basically all,

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

The Steam version of FSX has been modded & the majority of guys say it is superior to the original. Also, being a downloadable product, it is far easier & simpler to re-install if needed. Also, all the older add-ons for FSX can be used.

I would go with most here. One notable exception and one I sorely miss is FSRecorder!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Quite correct.. Most, not all of the FSX add-on's can be used

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

No ignorant questions, only ignorant answers!

Good - can someone tell me how to switch on my PC?

My observation is only advantage of steam edition is slightly better Vas management. Don't expect that DTG can repair issues which aces or community have not repaired. It is a repacked product and sold on different platform but same core sim inside. Is it worth it? For 10 bucks yes, full value it's debatable. Also support from DTG is horrible but this was also the case in their previous titles.

Anyway if you fly complex add ons and are at your Vas limits I recommend it because this revised version will give you few mins necessary to finish the flight on airport and not on desktop.

Good - can someone tell me how to switch on my PC?

There should be a thing-a-ma-bob close to where the coffee cup-holder slides out.

Computers are quite thoughtfully designed for those late night flights......

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

There should be a thing-a-ma-bob close to where the coffee cup-holder slides out.

Computers are quite thoughtfully designed for those late night flights......

Demonstrates that there are ignorant questions and answers, as I implied.

Demonstrates that there are ignorant questions and answers, as I implied.

LOL, YOU asked the question, I simply answered you. :Clown: :p0503:

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Hello,

I know nothing about that steam thing. What is the diffrerence between FSX and FSX SE? Don't blast me for being ignorant...

THX

Other than what has already be stated the biggest difference is that some 3rd party addons that work with FSX:MS will not work with FSX:SE.

These include FS Labs' Concorde-X and AES. There will be others. You should check support forums of any addons you have to confirm compatibility.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

LOL, YOU asked the question, I simply answered you. :Clown: :p0503:

And you walked into it.   Despite the manta -  There are such things as ignorent questions.

What can I do... Eyes wide open.. the door was open & I walked into it! :rolleyes: :LMAO:.

By the way, what is wrong with having a coffee cup holder?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Dovetail is going to abandon FSX:SE in a while, they are getting little to no income with their addons since everyone is buying from third party these days. 

Dovetail is going to abandon this project in a while, they are getting little to no income with their addons since everyone is buying from third party these days. 

Proof of any of this, or just a bunch of hot air?

They did not purchase a FSX license just to abandon the project after 6 months.