Sign in to follow this  
MaVe64

Looking for sounds for your AI aircraft?

Just downloaded.....Thank you for you work,also.....I spend a lot of time messing with AI so any sound files you create are welcome...

Thx for your contribution.  Will have to give 'em a go.  Tell me, are there reverser sounds included?  Those can be tricky (as well as other sounds) going from external to internal. 

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Thx for your contribution.  Will have to give 'em a go.  Tell me, are there reverser sounds included?  Those can be tricky (as well as other sounds) going from external to internal. 

Yep, reversers included. Yes FS can be buggy with sounds, hope it works without problems on your system.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

I'm working on a B777 now. So far I must say, it's beginning to sound nice, if I may say so...  B)

Yep, reversers included. Yes FS can be buggy with sounds, hope it works without problems on your system.

These sound great....thank you very much for your efforts with them.

However, my A320 AI are now silent after landing.......the sound works ok when airborne but after landing and on taxi in....no sound whatsoever, and this is what happens:

As they are on approach....fab sound,

Gear starts coming down....sound goes off

Gear down....sound comes back

Flaps start to extend...sound goes off

Flaps extended...sound comes back

Sound is ok then all the way to runway where just before touchdown the engine sound stops and the only sound my A320's then make is a brief reverse thrust...but then total silence all the way to gate!?!?

I'm using a mixture of A320's for my AI - Ultimate Traffic 2, FAIB (FSX native), DJC & EvolveAI and they all now display this behaviour.

I can confirm my installation is as the instructions...and that I can restore the original FSX sounds and reinstalling repeats this issue.

Any clues/ideas would be great.

Thanks again

Steve

Hi Steve,

I think I know what you mean. Did you maybe alter your aircraft.cfg files? I noticed the same problem when I changed the thrust_scalar to 1.5. I did this because the A320's were on full thrust on final approach. So I added a bit extra power, and now on final you hear the engines whining from middle thrust to idle  :smile: . With this extra power the plane taxiis on idle. 

The reason the sound fades on final is because the computer is controlling the plane (quite badly), and is turning throttle off. The problem is that I have idle sound to soft, when taxiing and when idle on final it is mute. I will fix this.

I am going to improve the A320 sound anyway, it can be made better with added idle backthrust and some minor adjustments.

Update coming soon. And the B777, think it sounds quite good 

- Update for A320 now available (V1.02). Improved sound, added idle backthrust and fixed silent idle.

- Boeing 777 now available.

Can anyone confirm if these sounds will work with Ultimate Traffic 2 and if so how would I install them, would love to replace the  drone of the AI with something more realistic

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Can anyone confirm if these sounds will work with Ultimate Traffic 2 and if so how would I install them, would love to replace the  drone of the AI with something more realistic

I guess if your AI aircraft has a soundai folder it's the same routine. Sorry I'm not familiar with UT2.

curious.... downloaded them and file size 0.....

Any advice on this ?

Carsten U

Yea, I messed around with AI sounds a few years back.  I think it was after AI Blast stopped working.  Discovered lots of littl' things such as you mention the engines go completely idle on landing so the sound cuts out.  Also discover only certain frequencies work good to hear the "thrust" of take-off of an AI plane or reversers when you are inside your own cockpit.   Same with flyovers... you can lose the sound entirely from inside.

But when you get  'em right they can sound a whole lot better than default. 

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

curious.... downloaded them and file size 0.....

Any advice on this ?

Problems with the AVSIM Library server?

Yea, I messed around with AI sounds a few years back.  I think it was after AI Blast stopped working.  Discovered lots of littl' things such as you mention the engines go completely idle on landing so the sound cuts out.  Also discover only certain frequencies work good to hear the "thrust" of take-off of an AI plane or reversers when you are inside your own cockpit.   Same with flyovers... you can lose the sound entirely from inside.

But when you get  'em right they can sound a whole lot better than default. 

Please give these a try if you want, and tell me what you think  :unknw:.

So I know if I should make more.

Problems with the AVSIM Library server

Hi !

I have no idea. Tried it a minute ago and still file size 0.....

Other downloads from the avsim library are working

Carsten U