Sign in to follow this  
arnobg

Stuttering during voice commands

I am experiencing an issue with FS2Crew Voice that is driving me nuts. Every time I say something and it is processed with the voice recognition I get a long stutter. While in critical phases of flight or taxiing and doing checklists this is very distracting and very damaging.

Is this normal or is there a way to fix the issue?

What is stuttering exactly? The sim or the voices from the FO?

And no, definitely not normal

What is stuttering exactly? The sim or the voices from the FO?

And no, definitely not normal

The sim. Every time I say something and it is processed (almost immediately as it reads what I say) I get a stutter form the sim,.

Hi Brett,

That's not normal at all, and that's one I don't recall it being reported before from our voice users.

Did you scan the troubleshooting page:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=troubleshooting5

Is your system in good health?

I had a thought; don't use FSX but open something else, maybe another game even. Start speech recognition in Windows, start the application and see if you can replicate it. It would show that your computer is having an issue with speech recognition in some way

I had a thought; don't use FSX but open something else, maybe another game even. Start speech recognition in Windows, start the application and see if you can replicate it. It would show that your computer is having an issue with speech recognition in some way

Thanks I will try this when I have a chance the next couple days.

I still have not solved this issue it is driving me nuts. I am really wanting to purchase Reboot when it comes out but not if I can't solve this. I don't have another game I can test speech recognition on to see if it stutters.

Whenever I say a command and the computer processes it, I get a stutter as the green text line pops up in sim with the text I said.

This system is nearly brand new and clean, only runs FSX and Prepar3d and no other unrelated programs. 

i7 4790k 4.4ghz OC

GTX770

What about  Voice Attack? You can get a free demo. Uses exactly the same Windows speach recognition and you can use it in lots of things. Froogle has a video of using it in DCS. People use it in Elite: Dangerous, you could use it anything. I setup a test to start Windows Media Player if I said "Music" on my mic.

Just an idea

I actually just solved it finally...This post solved it and I hadn't seen it in my previous searches.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/365597-the-green-bar-in-top-left/

I am so happy, you have no idea how annoying this was to deal with since the beginning of time using FS2Crew! It is butter smooth without the green text bar!

It's too bad because that comes in handy sometimes.

Great to hear. Excellent to hear you resolved the problem. I never fly without FS2Crew any more and it really immersed me so much more then before