Sign in to follow this  
uhntissbaby111

Flightsimcon 2015

My goodness...

In 2015 Austin is *still* explaining the blade element theory stuff?

Disappointed to not hear anything about the future really...

Lighting was good to hear mentioned at least..  

Excited to see what they show us for XP11 (in who knows what year I guess....2017?)

Did I miss any insinuations in there any of you guys caught?

Maybe for those that didn't know. I sort of think it's a bit pointless, since people want to hear about what's coming up, not so much how the sim is made. This is a good platform to explain what they have been doing recently and what's on the horizon. But, there we go. Maybe he thought, and maybe there are, people in the room who don't know a lot about X-Plane. But, still I think even then a bit wasted opportunity. It's not like this is a new release and it's new information.

In 2015 Austin is *still* explaining the blade element theory stuff?

Sure isn't he busy with the fantastic Ipad stuff  :ph34r:

But, still I think even then a bit wasted opportunity. It's not like this is a new release and it's new information.

Agree.  I don't get the hesitation to ever let us know "what they are thinking about for XP11" in more detail.

Sure would help with excitement for the platform, but maybe they just never want to be on the hook for anything.

It was disappointing to not hear any agreement about WX modeling needing work from Austin in that video.

I agree it would have been nice to hear what new stuff they are working on. They did show a bit about the visibility enhancements

In their defense, there were quite a few FSX people in that room. Many had never even seen Xplane run at all. Now they will get to try it out as Austin gave out 100 copies of XPX  -  anyone that attended the seminar received one.

I don't use XP but keep an eye on it to see if I want to spend the money to buy, so I watched of course. I was a little unconvinced by the weather part. A man commented that ASN should be their bar, and they just sort of....left it. No real response. Now comparing XP to FSX and then a third part engine is not the best thing to do. Two different sims, plus a third part product people pay for. However, I couldn't work out if it was just out of non-intrest, or they where not aware of ASN. It made me wonder. If they are not aware of ASN, I find that odd and shows they don't look at the competitors at all. Or lack of engagement meant they had nothing really to say on weather, in which case it's not currently being worked on to any great degree.

That being said, they had what they wanted to speak about, and a time-limit so there could very well be other factors. I just couldn't help coming away from that, weather and other parts, and questioning how much they know of competitors. I always get nervous when companies don't. You mention XP11 and wonder would gather they are still working hard on mobile so untill they've got to a point where they can re-focus resources on desktop, maybe these things are on the back burner

A man commented that ASN should be their bar, and they just sort of....left it. No real response.

That part bothered me as well.  

The optimistic part of me is hoping that weather modeling is a focus in XP11 and they just don't yet want to openly talk about it.

XP11 must be in the pipeline at some state of development you'd think.  

XP9 to XP10 was about a 4 year window and that's how old XP10 is this year....so fingers crossed

Of course XP11 is in development, but we know very little about it except for some small details from Phillip in the German interview he did.

I'm sure when they have something to show, they will. Just like they did with XP10

When upgrading to 10.40b2, new folder named interface11 was created under X-Plane10\Resources\bitmaps. There are 169 icons, 76 are identical to icons in Interface folder, but 93 are new. 36 of them  describe weather: turbulence, clouds, precipitation etc. Is this some kind of hint about approaching XP11?

Vahur

After upgrading from 10.40b2 to 10.40b3, folder interface11 was removed again. So work with XP11 seems to be going on and this was some kind of incidental leak.

Vahur

Well, I would rather expect changes to the UI within 10.40 version run.

This was kind of "announced" as a side-effect of the work they have done for XP10 mobile.

Probably one of the "features" that are in the pipeline without beeing ready for release.

Flo