Sign in to follow this  
uhntissbaby111

Flightsimcon 2015

When upgrading to 10.40b2, new folder named interface11 was created under X-Plane10\Resources\bitmaps.

Nice find. They mentioned XP11 will likely have a new UI modelled after the iOS version, and this looks like it confirms that. 

In flightsimcon they weer also talking about material reflections and making the world's lightning better , Ben said he thinks it's going to be the next big thing.

Austin is talking about a completly new UI .

Moreover Beb said in the blog comment that they will likely implement tesselation at some point and that they are preparing for that a while.

I gues all of those are major plans for version 11 already.

Well I hate that... now Im really eager to see what Xplane11 will look like :(

Does anybody remeber how much time before v10 released they started officially talking about it?

Does anybody remeber how much time before v10 released they started officially talking about it?

It's going to be a while. :)

Founder of X-Aviation

After upgrading from 10.40b2 to 10.40b3, folder interface11 was removed again. So work with XP11 seems to be going on and this was some kind of incidental leak.

Vahur

Saw this comment in the blog :

The inclusion of the interface11 was an installer mistake by me – we have -lots- of new tech that is in various states (some not completed at all).

Austin is talking about a new UI , philip in a german interview was talking about shader based seasons , Ben said a thing about Physcally based rendering (which I reacll a blog post about it a year ago or so) and tesselation.

It's obvious they are already working on the next major version , and if al of thosw things will be included , this will be a truely next-gen sim.