Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

MILVIZ 350i

I noticed that the MILVIZ King Air 350i is still a beta release. I have two questions:

1. What significant functionality is missing?

2. Are they releasing updates to the beta version?

Tom

They haven't even reached the beta stage yet as far as I know. If there is missing features then that means technically that it is truly an alpha version right now. "Beta" normally begins only after all features are in and ready to be tested to squash out the bugs.

I don't know much about the plane except that I've read recently that the night lighting and engine startup still need to be done. I think the only way to start her up now is CTRL+E. I also hear that there will be no LPV/WAAS type approaches included...which pretty much means I won't be purchasing. I don't particularly care for how the public in general is "ok" with paying money for an unreleased product YEARS in advance...not my cup of tea, personally. Hope it turns out well though, for all invested in the project.

Current Alpha Status:

• Lighting is now feature complete.
  • Engine startup is possible from the VC (without Ctrl-E!), but more is being programmed prior to full testing.
  • More features have been added to the ProLine21 system

I am currently setting up a new installer for release to customers so they can enjoy the above features while the rest is being readied for beta testing.

As for early purchasers, I can only assume they wanted to enjoy flying an aircraft that - for all practical purposes - could have been released as 'feature complete' long ago...

...it's just that we keep finding new and exciting possibilities to include. :Big Grin:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

We will be feature complete soon. The only things left to add are icing and the menu system.

The rest is bug fixes and systems coding.

No release date given or offered. Once we hit beta, things will go faster... We hope.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Really like the way it's looking so far guys...only wish it had the WAAS/LPV support when it's released. I'm sure you've thought about it may times already so not trying to push it...just sayin' is all.

I am happy with my pre-release purchase of the 350i. It has been fun to watch it progress. It is a great hand flyer.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

well I will be happy when they finnish the king air, it has been a long time coming,I am know getting Emails from Kat informiing me that they are still working on the King Air which by the way looks the dogs do dahs,but Milviz still keep anouncing new models, Corsair ,Beaver etc,both no doubt will be very  good and I will no doubt purchase!,wonder how many models Milviz is working on at this moment are they spreading themselves to thin,but on a positive note the Corsair is for P3d only ,which must mean there is a big enought market in P3d for Milviz to dev a P3d only product ,unless they have lost really the plot,what you can deduce from my post is I dont like waiting :He He:

peter

King Air which by the way looks the dogs do dahs

Is that good or bad?  From the screenshots it looks pretty good to me.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM