Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

Manage and fine tuning steering tiller and brakes with FSUIPC?

Hi to all, I'd like to assign steering tiller to my Logitech G13 minijoystick. The problem is that this minijoy is not so precise like a normal joystick and I'm trying to fine tuming it via FSUIPC, but I'm not quite expert.

I want to assign X axis to steering tiller and Y axis to brakes (L and R) on my G13.

The problem is that this minijoystick tends to override my FLY5 axes, so I have to correct with my rudder (when I release tiller with G13), and if I brakes with G13 (Y axis) it works fine, smooth brakes, but then brakes are always applied, even i increase throttle.

Does anyone have some tips on how to fine tuning with FSUIPC to solve this issue or any suggestion to manage tiller and brakes? I also own another old joystick, a MS sidewinder 2, maybe could help?

Thanks to all in advace

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

The problem is that this minijoystick tends to override my FLY5 axes, so I have to correct with my rudder

If you have one axis overriding another you clearly have two axes mapped to the same function, which you will need to fix. Best guess is you have some axes mapped in FSX that you aren't aware of. What I do is uncheck the 'use controllers' box in FSX so that all my analogue axes are managed from FSUIPC. This avoids the situatoin where you plug in a new controller and FSX assigns the axes to functions it thinks are appropriate (and usually aren't).

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Thank Mark, now all works fine!

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270