Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Impossible to purchase P3D NGX without PayPal

I want to purchase but find the purchase is dominated by PayPal.  I selected the alternative but the order page states I have used PayPal when I haven't.

Can PMDG comment on this please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

You will get quicker response if you submit a support ticket to PMDG Product Support at http://support.precisionmanuals.com , keep in mind this is a user forum and not a direct line to PMDG.

Dan Downs KCRP

It may be quicker to just make a paypal account rather than wait..... It isn't really any different than using your credit card directly, in fact it is quicker for future purchases. Would take you just a few minutes to set up.

All official support requests go to support.precisionmanuals.com.

Once you're there, enter your information: what account you were logged into (email address), what you were trying to buy, and so on. I don't see any pending purchases in the one account I see for you - just the 777.

Your best course of action would probably be to remove all items from your cart, close your browser. Go back to the site, log back into your account, and then try to buy it again. I'm guessing you accidentally hit the Checkout with PayPal, or PayPal Credit instead of the Continue button over on the right.

Kyle Rodgers

Did that and all was fine, thanks.

Question; Why do I hear a pump running on a C&D before starting the APU?  Ground equipment not connected.

Dave Taylor gb.png

another good thing i like about paypal,for me anyway, you can buy through paypal and paypal gives you 14 days from the date of purchase before you are charged, for me thats good news that lives on a limited income,i have been using paypal for 3 years now and not sure if new paypal users have the option, but it is nice to buy a coulple weeks before i get paid,just a thought.

Did that and all was fine, thanks.

Question; Why do I hear a pump running on a C&D before starting the APU?  Ground equipment not connected.

No idea. It could be the sound bug (hit Q twice), or, if you're following a procedure, you'll hear the fuel pump when you go to turn that on prior to starting the APU.

Kyle Rodgers

another good thing i like about paypal,for me anyway, you can buy through paypal and paypal gives you 14 days from the date of purchase before you are charged

But my credit card gives 14 days at least!

this is not a credit card and it's interest free for loyal paypal users,it was just a suggestion,i was considering buying the pmdg 737-800 for p3d, i own the fsx version and 777 fsx version and don't use either anymore

Does the EULA allow resale?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I believe the EU passed legislation allowing for the resale of downloaded products. But please don't quote me on that its a very grey area.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

I believe the EU passed legislation allowing for the resale of downloaded products. But please don't quote me on that its a very grey area.

The  Court of Justice of the European Union has ruled that:

An author of software cannot oppose the resale of his ‘used’ licences allowing the use of his programs downloaded from the internet

The exclusive right of distribution of a copy of a computer program covered by such a licence is exhausted on its first sale

Details are here http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs/application/pdf/2012-07/cp120094en.pdf

• Upvote 1

Our EULA does not allow for this, as there's no decent way to ensure the person has fully removed the product from their computer. 

Kyle Rodgers

Do those two paragraphs not contradict each other or am I just to tired to understand

1) author cannot oppose the resale of used licences

2)licence is exhausted on its first sale.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Do those two paragraphs not contradict each other or am I just to tired to understand

They don't contradict if you read the sentence in its entirety "The exclusive right of distribution of a copy of a computer program covered by such a licence [EULA] is exhausted on its first sale [in the EU]". So the licence isn't exhausted after first sale, just any exclusive right of distribution elements. The link posted by Gerry Howard (mgh) explains in more detail. I know the law in the USA is very different as their "first sale doctrine" means the copyright holder can stop you selling your licence on.

I have a Steam account and purchase within the EU but I'm not aware of any ability to sell my software licences on within Steam :unsure: That ruling was made in 2012 so obviously Steam found a legal way out of it, otherwise the EU would've taken enforcement action by now. I suppose there's a difference between "legally opposing" and simply not offering the ability to do resell.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg