Sign in to follow this  
glsimpilot

My last real flight sim PC build was in 2010, so....

Nothing is set in glue we can always swap out as I feel the need,

Good call, its still a good choice. Gskill never let me down.

Had a beer at 10AM... needed it, just ordered the most expensive video card in my life, the EVGA 06G-P4-4995-KR GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support SC+ w/ACX BP Video Card.

Let us know how that performs, taking the plunge and grabbing 2 of those once the hybrids are available. Everything thats been said about them so far is good news. Take a breathe, that card is money well spent!

So, glsimpilot, have you got it all put together yet, and what do you think of it?  Anything we should know before going with your list?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

So, glsimpilot, have you got it all put together yet, and what do you think of it?  Anything we should know before going with your list?

Hook

Just got it together, last night it was windows updates and drivers, and got that process going. Im going to take a few days to go over it, and make sure everything is right. I'm still going to add a standard 2TB HDD for general storage and I ordered 2 more case fans because there were slots for 4 more but may not need them. None the less, can't hurt and its quiet as a mouse when it is on. Very nice case for sure.

Thanks. I'm in the market for a new computer, and I thought I'd go with your specs.  Let us know if there is anything you wish you'd done differently.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Just got it together

Congratulations :)! I'd be fascinated to know the temps you get when overclocking, please do give us updates on that.

Regards, Django EGLL.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

Thanks. I'm in the market for a new computer, and I thought I'd go with your specs.  Let us know if there is anything you wish you'd done differently.

Hook

+1.  GREAT JOB!!!  Thanks for making my life a WHOLE lot easier!! 

Respectfully,

Jet