Sign in to follow this  
nels161

GEX Released for P3D

Just downloaded but have not installed. The price is pretty steep $129.00 USD. Two downloads 1.99 GB and 1.67 GB. They say FTX Global has to be un-installed completely.

Anyone try it yet???

Nelson

Now the dilemma (and I hate dilemmas) is should we dump FTX Global for good or not? In my understanding GEX is especially perfect to fit UTX (only USA and Europe so far). Those regions that aren't covered by UT, perhaps won't benefit from GEX at all 

Geez... $125.00 is steep!

$129.00 and that is only introductory price.  :Shocked:

what is the coverage though, is it world-wide?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

So... GEX is FTX Global and UTX 2.0 USA is FTX Vector basically?   Is that what this product and UTX are competing against respectively?

Yes.

Also there is no road traffic showing in any of the pics that I saw.

I think that has to do more with settings in the UTX control panel more than GEX.  GEX is just textures.

$129.00 is reasonable,  I spent $90 on FTX Global and almost $100 each (early discount)  for the 777 and 737 for P3D so its in line with what others are charging these days.  Just bought the GTN today for $65.

Sean Green

Geez... $125.00 is steep!

Well it's better than the PMDG birds... and it's almost worldwide coverage...

Still I can't afford it...  sucks was hoping they'd make at least a USA only portion.  GEX for FSX looks superb... so orderly and efficiently placed autogen.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yea i agree. It's price is inline with other products. I guess I was just complaining because I can't afford it!

Orman

I think my investment in ORBX will pay off once OpenLC NA gets released. I wish they'd hurry the hell up though. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

There'd need to be a very persuasive argument for me to dump the FTX investment in favour of this. $129 doesn't help. At the end of the day I think they're a little too late to market for P3D.

If I did NOT  own FTX Global or if I DID own Global and HATED Global, GEX would be worth consideration.  For me GEX is just too late to the P3D party.  I'm sure it is a good product worth the price.  I am happy with FTX Global and UTX v2 - they work together beautifully.  :wub:

WAT1460.png

GEX also has the "Autogen Placement" feature, which I do not believe that FTX Global has.  130 for world coverage is not expensive, if you take all the FSX GEX packages and add the prices up, it's about par.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020