Sign in to follow this  
nels161

GEX Released for P3D

This is only being offered for the academic version of P3D? No information on the other site referenced? Mentions 3 versions but only shows two?

Has anyone inquired the prices for the Prepar3d professional version? It is certainly for a reason this one having not been publicly announced.

As far as I understand from their Website, you have to undergo a special questioning by Mr. Needham and his guys if you are interested in it.

Kind regards. Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Anyone got it installed and running? Looking forward to hearing all about it

Orman

I have this downloaded but cannot install until later tonight.  I have been looking forward to this product since moving to P3D several months ago.  I have been using P3D default textures because FTX Global has horrible night textures IMO and I fly a good bit at night. I had FTX Global installed on my FSX setup but decided not to install in P3D since I knew this was in the pipeline. GEX appears to have  fantastic night lighting textures and alongside UTX 2.1, this should be great.....i'm hoping!  Price seems fair considering it is a worldwide product.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

You guys are speaking about prices for the Academic version, right?

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Michael I did not see anyway on the flight1tech web site to inquire about the professional? Do you create a support ticket?

Terry

This is only being offered for the academic version of P3D? No information on the other site referenced? Mentions 3 versions but only shows two?

Scary thought what THAT will cost for what will be the exact-same textures in exactly the same GUI just with a different installer profile.

Under

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=gexp3dworld

I read "The professional and enterprise editions of this product will be distributed and supported through Flight1 Aviation Technologies http://www.flight1tech.com. If you wish to incorporate this product into a professional or enterprise simulation system contact Flight1 Aviation Technologies for more information. "

I was not able to find any prices on http://www.flight1tech.com, thus I am forced to get in contact with Flight1 personally - right?

Kind regards. Michael 

So... GEX is FTX Global and UTX 2.0 USA is FTX Vector basically?   Is that what this product and UTX are competing against respectively?

Not quite. UTX = Vector + Open LC

Yea i agree. It's price is inline with other products. I guess I was just complaining because I can't afford it!

Not really... considering Global is the same and cots about USD 75 (99 AUD), GEX is not quite double but 70% more expensive....

The professional and enterprise editions of this product will be distributed and supported through Flight1 Aviation Technologies

My guess is you'll pay quite a bit more. They released the iFly 737 for P3D the same way and charged significantly more for the same airplane.

NAX669.png

Not quite. UTX = Vector + Open LC

Is this really true? I know UTX contains vector data (maybe even better ones than ORBX Vector). It also contains "some" landclass data (as does ORBX Global Base, btw.) but I am not sure it is as exhaustive for Europe as ORBC OpenLC Europe is. Maybe someone can clarify, I just don't know.

My guess is you'll pay quite a bit more. They released the iFly 737 for P3D the same way and charged significantly more for the same airplane.

Odd approach.

We're already a niche market which is now divided even more into FSX, P3DAcademic, P3DProfessional users (let alone X-Plane & Co). If for nothing else, I judge I can install ORBX products into FSX, FSX:SE, P3DAcademic, P3DProfessional (as far as triple installers are completed) without any further questions.

Kind regards, Michael

Looking at those pix of it in action on their website it does appear to look more natural IMHO compared to Global but I wished they'd labelled each image with the areas that the screenshot was taken. I'd like to see how GEX P3D displays textures and autogen in the UK, France, Holland, Croatia, Greece etc.

Is it worth the extra cost over FTX Global? Look forward to hearing some reviews by the brave who buy it!

EDIT:

Even more confused now after reading the Avsim review. It says GEX only replaces textures. So what's with the autogen optimization and enhancements in the GUI and description? Does it make any changes to the default autogen? Anyone?

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I posted a info notice about GEX being released on Lockeed Martins P3D site last night. It was deleted this morning.

Man you have got to wonder what is going on with these guys and the flightsim world in particular. What a sad state our hobby has slipped to IMHO

Nelson

We're already a niche market which is now divided even more into FSX, P3DAcademic, P3DProfessional users (let alone X-Plane & Co). If for nothing else, I judge I can install ORBX products into FSX, FSX:SE, P3DAcademic, P3DProfessional (as far as triple installers are completed) without any further questions.

Exactly.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato