Sign in to follow this  
nels161

GEX Released for P3D

Guest Mik75

GEX/UTX are really good looking in their newest version! And I have to agree, that the city areas look quite convincing. it's a question of taste, at the end of the day, but I must say, that FTX Global, together with Global Vector (and especially combined with Open LC Europe) still looks much more "3D", more "plausible" and therefore much more real in most areas, especially in rural and mountainous regions!

Just to clarify, since I currently have the professional version of P3D I cannot install the academic version of GEX on it.  

Just to clarify, since I currently have the professional version of P3D I cannot install the academic version of GEX on it.

And? That's by design - you need the version compatible with your P3D license.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Vic

Doesn't appear that the professional version is yet available.  Can't find it on the site that the Flight1 product page links to.

I think my investment in ORBX will pay off once OpenLC NA gets released. I wish they'd hurry the hell up though. 

Don't hold your breath....the color blue, never looks good for skin tone....

Don't hold your breath....the color blue, never looks good for skin tone....

... and just how long did Prepar3D v2 users wait for GEX ???     :Whistle:

WAT1460.png

Vic

Doesn't appear that the professional version is yet available.  Can't find it on the site that the Flight1 product page links to.

To clear up the confusion, the flight1 website and our support forum is very clear;

You do not need the pro or enterprise versions of GEP3D unless you are affiliated with training, military or need that level of support. This product will work in all versions of Prepar3D.

If you are not looking for support for professional pilot training, military, FAA, academy training, or, affiliated with a corporation and require that support, the professional and Enterprise editions are not required.

Banner_eu_anthony.jpg

LOL! Thanx for clearing that up, Anthony. I WAS under the impression that this version ONLY worked in the Academic version. Glad you squared it away.

Really enjoying GEXP3D, BTW.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Kudos to Flight1 for that. Those of use home simulation enthusiast who wished to be honest and bought the Pro Version of P3D have been screwed by other developers Tacpac *Cough* etc. Kudos to A2A too, you can purchase the Academic license for there plans and they will install problem free in the Pro version of P3D. Although when P3D V3 is released I will be buying the academic version. Life lesson: "no good deed goes unpunished". On another note. The autogen in the screen shots on the F1 Site is fantastic. I did however just by Global on sale so I am sticking with that for the time being.

Thanks for clarifying that, Anthony.

I purchased the Professional  rather than the Academic version of P3D because I wanted to help contribute to its development.  Am not currently enrolled in any professional training course.  Nor, given my lousy vision and hearing, do I plan on ever enrolling.

Will make purchasing GEX P3D a much more pleasant experience than I was expecting. :BigGrin:

Gee, Ssnake51 - if your vision is that lousy, you won't be able to appreciate the beauty of the GEX/UTX combination!

:LMAO: :LMAO:

Vic