Sign in to follow this  
nels161

GEX Released for P3D

Well just purchased and did the install... Thoroughly impressed, good FPS, could actually turn my settings up.. Textures look good and sharp. Saw some strange textures in areas but all in all works for me.. Didn't get but a few minutes in the air but I think I found a keeper..

Pivot

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Questions....before I jump in...

I have FTX Global and Vector....if I buy GEX I need to UN_apply FTX/Vector then install GEX?

Depending on what I want to run with I can apply FTX or GEX before I fire up P3D?

Thanks

FaxCap

FaxCap check this out: http://www.simforums.com/Forums/ground-environment-prepar3d-world-edition-release_topic52610.html

GEP3D will work with all FTX 'regional' products and individual airport products. 

This product is not compatible with FTX Global. FTX Global must be properly uninstalled and all the default sim control files restored before enabling GEP3D in Prepar3D. FTX Global can not be installed after GEP3D. The two products are not compatible in any way.

FaxCap - I uninstalled FTX Global, Vector and OpenLC and installed GEXPD & UTX. I have many of the FTX regions, PNW, CRM, NZ, Scotland, etc and all works beautifully together. Personally, I prefer the more natural colors of GEX to the brighter textures of FTX.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Did someone made a direct comparison (screenshots/video) between the FTX Products and UTX/GEP3D yet?

For instance Citys (Vienna in my case)  are a mess with FTX Products if you know the area well in real...during VFR most of the time it is barely recognizable.

UTX Europe improves this a lot and i think about teaming it up with GEP3D. Still...i am a little surprised that they take so much money for it.

Gee, Ssnake51 - if your vision is that lousy, you won't be able to appreciate the beauty of the GEX/UTX combination!

:LMAO: :LMAO:

Vic

It's all relative. :smile:

So far looking better to me than FTX Global and FTX Vector flying around the SF Bay Area where I live.

Am now wondering if it is ok to install FS Global 2010 or will it mess things up?

So far looking better to me than FTX Global and FTX Vector flying around the SF Bay Area where I live.

Am now wondering if it is ok to install FS Global 2010 or will it mess things up?

I have FSG 2010 installed and it all works and looks great.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

GEP3D works with any mesh product. Mesh is wire frame, textures cover the frame.

By the way, this is how we setup UTX for all the shots we show;

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/setup-utx-all-versions-update-new-lights-settings_topic46147.html

scroll down to: Setting Up UTX For Performance and Visuals

Banner_eu_anthony.jpg

Is there a plan from UTX devs or GEP3D devs about have a global vector like FTX Vector?  I totally dig the UTX light system and seeing them on GEP3D screenshots is awesome. 

GEP3D and Global Vector is something I am looking for

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Is there a plan from UTX devs or GEP3D devs about have a global vector like FTX Vector?  I totally dig the UTX light system and seeing them on GEP3D screenshots is awesome. 

GEP3D and Global Vector is something I am looking for

UTX = FTX Vector as well as 3D / 4D night lights. It has all the roads, moving road traffic, railroads, road encasements, bridges, extrusions bridges, accurate coastlines, rivers, lakes and coastlines. Golfs, parks and forests. Ports and docks. UTX also has custom land classes for vegetation and urban / suburban cities. And much more. The GUI allows the user to customize a huge amount of options too.

GEP3D works in conjunction with UTX and adds special textures for roads and night roads, cities, parking lots, golfs and parks, which can be enabled via the GEP3D user interface.

See the UTX product page at Flight1 for all features and see the link I added above for the guide on setting up UTX as realistically as possible correlating with our screenshots.

Banner_eu_anthony.jpg

Is there a proven How-To for removing all the FTX Stuff?

If i switch completely to GEX/UTX, which FTX components should i leave enabled? FTX Trees maybe?

UTX = FTX Vector as well as 3D / 4D night lights. It has all the roads, moving road traffic...

I think he was talking about the 'global' level, rather than regional. By the way, when will UTX cover Asia region?

Another question regarding the use of FSGlobal 2010.  Looks like the only downloadable version of that product is the one listed as FTX compatible.  Am I correct in assuming that it should still be ok to use it in P3D with GEP3DUTX?

I currently am using FSG2010 in FSX with FTX products but plan on replacing FTX with GEX/UTX this weekend since I like what I am seeing in P3D.