Sign in to follow this  
nels161

GEX Released for P3D

would like to get some feedback on vas usage compared to ftx global,am always looking for the lowest vas usage because all i fly is heavies,i have been really happy with my ftx global series products.

Costs more than FTX Global/Vector...and only works in P3D???  I guess some folks that don't own FTX that only run P3D would be interested.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Is this really true? I know UTX contains vector data (maybe even better ones than ORBX Vector). It also contains "some" landclass data (as does ORBX Global Base, btw.) but I am not sure it is as exhaustive for Europe as ORBC OpenLC Europe is. Maybe someone can clarify, I just don't know.

I think with the latest version they added even more LC types so that now it's on par with the ORBX stuff (or according to some even better). On the product page it states:

"Ultimate Terrain X dramatically improves the accuracy of cities in FSX using our proprietary "Synthetic Landclass" generation system, which generates urban landclass based on recent commercial data sources.

Brand new complete landclass across Europe Coverage (both urban and vegetation). Urban landclass is based of newly available commercial data allowing for much better classification of cities"

Looking at those pix of it in action on their website it does appear to look more natural IMHO compared to Global but I wished they'd labelled each image with the areas that the screenshot was taken. I'd like to see how GEX P3D displays textures and autogen in the UK, France, Holland, Croatia, Greece etc.

Is it worth the extra cost over FTX Global? Look forward to hearing some reviews by the brave who buy it!

EDIT:

Even more confused now after reading the Avsim review. It says GEX only replaces textures. So what's with the autogen optimization and enhancements in the GUI and description? Does it make any changes to the default autogen? Anyone?

Textures and autogen go hand in hand. The autogen is carefully placed and aligned. So yes autogen too

Banner_eu_anthony.jpg

I posted a info notice about GEX being released on Lockeed Martins P3D site last night. It was deleted this morning.

Man you have got to wonder what is going on with these guys and the flightsim world in particular. What a sad state our hobby has slipped to IMHO

Nelson

Perhaps it got deleted because the LM forum is about their product and not for promoting addon products in a seperate topic.

For that we have Avsim...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Don't forget Flight1 return policy I have used it, if you don't like it return it full money back. ORBX does not do that......regards......Ray R

Or possibly a commercial tie-in with ORBX that they don't wish to intrude upon  - still the only developer with not one, but two references on the Prepar3d header page.

It won't matter to all FTX customers who've already paid their money, and made their choice.

My guess is you'll pay quite a bit more. They released the iFly 737 for P3D the same way and charged significantly more for the same airplane.

Odd approach.

We're already a niche market which is now divided even more into FSX, P3DAcademic, P3DProfessional users (let alone X-Plane & Co). If for nothing else, I judge I can install ORBX products into FSX, FSX:SE, P3DAcademic, P3DProfessional (as far as triple installers are completed) without any further questions.

Well they are free to split and sell at whatever price, and segment their customers however they like.

Just as we are free to support companies that don't make people play silly buggers to be allowed to purchase their products  :rolleyes:

Guess I'll stick with Orbx products then....

Well they are free to split and sell at whatever price, and segment their customers however they like.

Yeah, true.  I just think there's an odd thing happening where companies are imagining that the FSX and P3D folks are a different set of people.  For folks like me (both sims) I'm looking for stuff I can run in both for no more than a little extra.  When companies do it this way I end up just saying nope and looking for another product.  This pricing strategy opens up opportunities for competitors or binds people to one sim or the other...something I can't imagine the companies want to do...fragment the flight sim base even more.  This is going to get even more complex when P3D 64 comes out.  People may end having to choose...one or the other.  And once they make that decision they're pretty much bound to it because moving to the other sim would be price prohibitive if they have a lot of add-ons.  After you buy 10 add-ons that only work on one of the sims, are you going to think about moving to the other if you have to buy them all over again?  It's getting messy.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I posted a info notice about GEX being released on Lockeed Martins P3D site last night. It was deleted this morning.

Man you have got to wonder what is going on with these guys and the flightsim world in particular. What a sad state our hobby has slipped to IMHO

Nelson

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions, especially since I didn't see what you posted. Flight1 has most of it products as P3d compatible, so unless they are working on a formal announcement with LM, I don't understand why your post was deleted.

$129.00 and that is only introductory price.  :Shocked:

I failed to see that it was for worldwide coverage. I already own FTX Global and that is because I bought it during the recent sale. These textures do look nice but why would I want to pay this kind of money for something that I already own from a different developer and that it can be installed on different sims.

I'll wait for the 50% off sale to get it. :P  LOL  

From what I read on the Flight1 store page for GEX P3D, they are playing "hard and fast" that P3D has nothing to do with FSX, and that their marketing is completely compliant to the EULA restrictions imposed by P3D.  They will either get your business legitimately (in their eyes at least) or not at all.  They really could care less if one doesn't like that approach, just ask NickN at simforums.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I am looking for anyone who has downloaded,bought and ran GEX for P3D. Nick has said all questions and inquiries will be on Simforms, how ever I

have not seen anything about P3d Gex except it has been released. I have downloaded but have not bought yet. I see all kinds of ref to FSX but I am not interested in anything FSX. I don't use it period. I wish they would put a category for GEX P3D only so topics about it would be in one place with no ref to FSX at all. Seem logical to me, however I don't run the forums. Surely there must be some out there who have bought it, then again the price might be too steep.

Nelson

From what I read on the Flight1 store page for GEX P3D, they are playing "hard and fast" that P3D has nothing to do with FSX, and that their marketing is completely compliant to the EULA restrictions imposed by P3D. 

I understand. ORBX, FlyTampa, FSDT, Aerosoft and the like are not EULA compliant. How bad for them. Even more, as they are one the LM Website Showcase.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

From what I read on the Flight1 store page for GEX P3D, they are playing "hard and fast" that P3D has nothing to do with FSX, and that their marketing is completely compliant to the EULA restrictions imposed by P3D.

Their choice.  I passed on their King Air as well as the GTN430 because of it.  If their perception is that they'll make more money by charging more for professional and commercial folks then it makes sense.  But, they'll likely be losing some sales and loyalty from the other folks.

Gregg Seipp