Sign in to follow this  
airlinetycoon

Cabin Pressure in Upper EICAS

Hallo,

I miss the information for Cabin pressure in the upper EICAS. If I choose the Air-page in the lower EICAS, the information appears. How can I get this information constantly in Upper EICAS get displayed?

Rgds

Andre

q7agml8k.jpgynrz8yvp.jpg

Greetings Andrew Bowler

How can I get this information constantly in Upper EICAS get displayed?

There might be some trick that someone knows about and can share, but the information is hidden any time the system determines that it is not necessary. Much like the second page of engine statistics (N2 and so on), it's extra information that is only presented when either necessary, or requested. In your case, you requested the air information, and it's providing it to you, otherwise, the system hides it to reduce clutter and spurious information.

Kyle Rodgers

What happens if you chose another page in the lower EICAS? Your two pictures shows air page and off, on the lower. The PMDG picture shoes hydraulics and the information you want in the upper. Can you replicate that? If so, looks like it's just not displaying when the lower is off

I found a lot of pics with and without these indicator. May there is an option to activate it?

Your attachment didn't work, so I can't see whatever you posted.

It's not an "option." It appears as part of the Boeing display logic. If the system says "display it," then it's displayed. Otherwise, it doesn't pop up. Please see my first post.

Additionally, full names are required in the forum here. Please ensure that you include this in the future.

Kyle Rodgers

If I select another page than the air-page or the lower eicas is off, the cabin pressure indicator disappear from the upper eicas.

Greetings Andrew Bowler

If I select another page than the air-page or the lower eicas is off, the cabin pressure indicator disappear from the upper eicas.

Correct. This is the proper behavior.

Kyle Rodgers

I found a lot of pics with and without these indicator. May there is an option to activate it?

attachment.php?s=9bd7784e48b09fca3fcdd62

That's a picture from pre-release. I wouldn't count on it being correct.

Thanks for the information.

For full details of when the pressurisation information is displayed see FCOM vol 2, Page 2.10.14. Or you could use text search in the PDF and look for ECS Displays and Indications, Various reasons are listed for it being displayed automatically but the only ways to select it are:

Displaying the EICAS AIR page

Selecting Landing Altitude (LDG ALT) to Manual

Selecting either Outflow Valve to Manual

ki9cAAb.jpg

The PMDG picture is correct. the pressurization information on the EICAS display stay's in view because it needs the Landing altitude (LDG ALT) information, On the PMDG picture the LDG ALT is blank. that;s why the pressurization information it stay's in view!!!

You can put the LDG ALT in manual, but normally this LDG ALT information comes from the FMC automaticly as soon there is a active flight plan in the FMC loaded it than know;s the LDG ALT of your destination airport.

When there is no active flight loaded in the FMC the pressurization system don't no the LDG ALT of your destination airport and LDG ALT on the pressurization information on the EICAS is blank, The pressurization information stay's in view on the EICAS display until it know's the LDG ALT of your destination airport. also switching the MFD to a other synoptic display has no effect on the pressurization information on the EICAS display it stay;s in view.

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer

Hallo,

I miss the information for Cabin pressure in the upper EICAS. If I choose the Air-page in the lower EICAS, the information appears. How can I get this information constantly in Upper EICAS get displayed?

Do you mean this?:

left_eicas.jpg

Just select "left" on you're MCP.

The PMDG picture is correct. the pressurization information on the EICAS display stay's in view because it needs the Landing altitude (LDG ALT) information, On the PMDG picture the LDG ALT is blank. that;s why the pressurization information it stay's in view!!!

You can put the LDG ALT in manual, but normally this LDG ALT information comes from the FMC automaticly as soon there is a active flight plan in the FMC loaded it than know;s the LDG ALT of your destination airport.

When there is no active flight loaded in the FMC the pressurization system don't no the LDG ALT of your destination airport and LDG ALT on the pressurization information on the EICAS is blank, The pressurization information stay's in view on the EICAS display until it know's the LDG ALT of your destination airport. also switching the MFD to a other synoptic display has no effect on the pressurization information on the EICAS display it stay;s in view.

Many thanks for the detailled explanation.

Greetings Andrew Bowler