Sign in to follow this  
tangerine

FsGlobal 2010 FSX-P3d 2.5 same installation

I tried google and everything to look for someone with the same issue (kinda).

Anyways..already have installed FSGlobal 2010 for FSX. Is there anyway to use the very same folder for P3d 2.5?.

Adding Sceneries (or whatever you wanna call it) on P3D 2.5 ....if so whats the priority to do it?.

Thx in adv.

The installer asks if you want to copy data physically to disk or only add the regions to the library. At least it did for me. I use it for Prepar3d2 and FSX:SE in parallel.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Just add it to your scenery.cfg (via P3D or in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prear3Dv2). I place these below all addon scenery in my scenery.cfg

Michael,

I am in the same situ' as Tangerine.

You say the installer will offer, if the install for FSX is already there, to just add the same to P3D without overwriting the FSX install or creating another 'huge' folder!

I am at the point where I am selecting the drive (the same one as FSX) and the next button is Install!

Can you tell me where/when it offers to use the existing installation to add to P3D.

I need some confidence that it's not going to overwrite the folder it created for FSX!

Can you help me?

Thanks

Nigel

Michael,

I am in the same situ' as Tangerine.

You say the installer will offer, if the install for FSX is already there, to just add the same to P3D without overwriting the FSX install or creating another 'huge' folder!

I am at the point where I am selecting the drive (the same one as FSX) and the next button is Install!

Can you tell me where/when it offers to use the existing installation to add to P3D.

I need some confidence that it's not going to overwrite the folder it created for FSX!

Can you help me?

Thanks

Nigel

I think you should use the latest installer -> http://www.fly2pilots.com

ceno,

Thanks for that.

In fact as I ran the inital part of the installer it did offer to check for updates and I accepted an update which it installed, but nothing restarted so I still got to the point I mentioned.

Are you thinking I should have got the choice to use an exisiting (FSX) install, before that point?

Maybe after the update I should re-run the installer and see if I get a different prompt.

Nigel

It shouldn't matter, once installed into either sim it is a simple scenery entry to add it to the other as flyingsub says - P3D has no requirement for the addon elements to be in the same drive, folder or file as anything else. So as long as you can point the add scenery menu to its location, you're gold. IIRC correctly the installer simply automates that process for a dual installation.

I mention this as the last time I looked, the installer did not recognise the changes to location in various files in P3Dv2.5. This may have changed.

Sorry guys I didn't get an email notification of your replies.

Thanks for that.

Louis I would go your route if I knew which entry I need to add! (feeling a bit dumb here!)

I looked in scenery.cfg for FSX and I can't see anything to identify Global 2010 in there.

If you can give me a clue then I will copy it across.

Thanks

Nigel

Curious. Please check this topic out

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/463427-pilots-fs-global-2010-for-fsxp3d/

Add it as scenery entries like any other scenery, and exactly like it was in FSX. If you have the entries in the GUI in FSX then you were simply looking at the wrong scenery .cfg

As advised earlier in this topic, place the scenery entry in the menu just above the default entries and below any and all addons.

With this method you can add it from the FSX installation without needing any additional files - just remember though that if you delete FSX at any point any scenery in those deleted folders then you will trigger an error message in P3D.

However, given the absence of tech savvy, I suggest you make sure you have the updated installer for the product and just install direct to P3D.