Sign in to follow this  
2018paulrobbinx

Virtualcol ERJ-170/175 question

Hello,

I am new to Prepar3D by Lockheed Martin, and I have not gotten any commercial jet aircraft on my simulator yet, I thought I would start out with a light regional airliner for starts. I tried to port the Wilco ERJ-140/145 into P3D, yet it really didn't work even with the Estonian migration tool. I contacted the company and they never responded. Also I tried the Razabam Metroliner, which turned out to be an utter failure with no external lights and many internal warning lights not working or not turning off. Razabam's technical support did help me for a while but they never resolved the actual problem. So I'm looking to get an aircraft that I can just install and fly; so that I can actually learn for once. So my question is does the Virtualcol ERJ-170/175 work well with P3D V2.5? because the description only says P3D which could mean V1 of P3D. Also, from the users who own this aircraft is it worth buying?

Thank you Avsim Forum members for your help and consideration!

Hello,

I am new to Prepar3D by Lockheed Martin, and I have not gotten any commercial jet aircraft on my simulator yet, I thought I would start out with a light regional airliner for starts. I tried to port the Wilco ERJ-140/145 into P3D, yet it really didn't work even with the Estonian migration tool. I contacted the company and they never responded. Also I tried the Razabam Metroliner, which turned out to be an utter failure with no external lights and many internal warning lights not working or not turning off. Razabam's technical support did help me for a while but they never resolved the actual problem. So I'm looking to get an aircraft that I can just install and fly; so that I can actually learn for once. So my question is does the Virtualcol ERJ-170/175 work well with P3D V2.5? because the description only says P3D which could mean V1 of P3D. Also, from the users who own this aircraft is it worth buying?

Thank you Avsim Forum members for your help and consideration!

The Razbam Metroliner comes in two distinct P3D and FSX versions I believe, which is why you couldn't get it to work. They had it on sale for only $10 dollars last year, so if you're willing to wait you could pick up the P3D version for a steal. As for the Virtualcol Embraer, I own it (I have only used it in FSX though), and it's in an entirely different league than the Wilco ERJ or Metroliner. For $10.50 you can't expect much, but really it's barely above default levels of system simulation, and the modeling/texturing is poor. I like to use it for quick, 'lazy' flights, but it would be a very bad aircraft to learn about airliners with. My advice is to save your $10.50 and put it towards the Majestic Q400. The installer works for both P3D and it's a wonderful plane to get you started with airline flying. 

I installed the Feelthere EJetsv2 (E175/195) package into P3D and it seems to work fine. Not sure why the ERJv2 package wouldn't work.

The Razbam Metroliner comes in two distinct P3D and FSX versions I believe, which is why you couldn't get it to work. They had it on sale for only $10 dollars last year, so if you're willing to wait you could pick up the P3D version for a steal. As for the Virtualcol Embraer, I own it (I have only used it in FSX though), and it's in an entirely different league than the Wilco ERJ or Metroliner. For $10.50 you can't expect much, but really it's barely above default levels of system simulation, and the modeling/texturing is poor. I like to use it for quick, 'lazy' flights, but it would be a very bad aircraft to learn about airliners with. My advice is to save your $10.50 and put it towards the Majestic Q400. The installer works for both P3D and it's a wonderful plane to get you started with airline flying.

I did buy the Razabam Metroliner installer for Perpar3D only, but it still didn't work. Thank you for the advice though. Also, I did get it for only $10. That might be why it dosen't work, LOL.

I installed the Feelthere EJetsv2 (E175/195) package into P3D and it seems to work fine. Not sure why the ERJv2 package wouldn't work.

Even in V2.5?

In V2.5 or 2.4? Also, with or without EMT?

I installed the EJetsv2 in P3Dv2.5 with the EMT and it works fine so far.

I've been thinking about it, and I'm just scared of getting left out in the cold again, like I did with the ERJ-145 from Feelthere.But if you say it works well in 2.5 I will seriously consider it. Thank you for your help. Also, when using EMT, and you install aircraft like The ERJ-175/195 and the ERJ-145 do you just enable virtual FSX and just exit out or leave the program running?

The ERJ-175/195 and the ERJ-145 do you just enable virtual FSX and just exit out or leave the program running?

It's EMB-170/175/190/195 and as regards the Estonia Migration Tool it's a good idea to read their documentation and what the program is telling you as you close it.   <_<

It's EMB-170/175/190/195 and as regards the Estonia Migration Tool it's a good idea to read their documentation and what the program is telling you as you close it. <_<

I have read it through twice, still never got the Feelthere ERJ-145 to work. But, I will read it a third time and see if I missed something during my first two readings.