From what I am aware of, there are 3 versions of Matrox Triplehead2go : 1- a digital version that has 3 DVI ports on the back of the unit that connect to the monitors. 2- a DP version which has 3 Display Ports , 3- an analog version that has 3 VGA ports which connect from the triplehead2go unit to the monitor connection. My choice would be one that has compatible ports on the monitor.

My monitors have DVI ports and VGA ports but no DPI ports. Any Matrox unit can be used with appropriate adapter cables from an electronic store should the monitor not have a similar port the Matrox unit has.

For instance: if the Matrox unit was a DP and the monitors do not have DP ports (only say DVI or VGA) an adapter cable which adapts from DP to DVI . Or a DP to VGA cable should the monitor have VGA. 3 cables would be required. They are roughly $12 a piece.

I had both a Digital and a DP version which the DVI had compatible  DVI connections to my monitors.. I had to purchase adapter cables from DP to DVI to use my DP version. Both worked just fine.

You don't actually need the Matrox TH2Go. Any Nvidia 600 series GPU or higher supports Nvidia Surround multi-monitor setups using one card. I'm personally running three monitors at a resolution of 5760x1080 @ 60 Hz with my GTX 670 GPU. Works just fine. If I was using a Matrox, I would be limited to 5760x1080 @ 50Hz using three monitors.

The Matrox TH2Go is an ancient piece of hardware to run multi-monitor setups, before Nvidia Surround and AMD's Eyefinity were introduced.

No one uses VGA anymore for monitors. Newer monitors have even phased out DVI in favor of mostly HDMI with some DisplayPort models. My current monitors only accept HDMI connectors.

Andrew,

You might want to look at this current thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/470595-triple-monitor-setup-using-nvidia-surround-and-three-monitors/#entry3257986

The stretching of the image at the left and right extremes has never really been solved. I own a TH2G, but am reverting to a single 4K screen with TrackIR, and EZdok rather than put up with the stretching.

Eugene

THANKs guys!

This is great info. 

Eugene, fwiw, I was wondering about that exact thing - that is, a large single screen. How large is yours?

I don't know if my computer could handle it, though.

cheers

Andrew

The Matrox TH2Go is an ancient piece of hardware to run multi-monitor setups, before Nvidia Surround and AMD's Eyefinity were introduced.

Excellent info. Thank you.

For instance: if the Matrox unit was a DP and the monitors do not have DP ports (only say DVI or VGA) an adapter cable which adapts from DP to DVI . Or a DP to VGA cable should the monitor have VGA. 3 cables would be required. They are roughly $12 a piece.

Yikes! Gets pretty complicated... sounds to me like a newer card is in order.

Hi . Link to video below of my TH2Go digital edition setup in FS9. Zoom rate is .3 on main visuals. No

stretching really. Still a great piece of kit.

Eugene, fwiw, I was wondering about that exact thing - that is, a large single screen. How large is yours?

I've started with a "cheap" 42inch 4K TV, one of these:

http://www.ebuyer.com/698295-cello-c42250dvb4k-42-4k-led-tv-c42250dvb4k

Only £329 - shows how prices have dropped, just as a "proof of concept". I'm pretty pleased with it. Running Orbx UK and pacific regions it looks pretty good. I'll keep an eye out for discounts and sales if get a better one in the 55 to 65 inch range.

I'm running an i7 4790k chip at 4.4GHZ, and a GTX 970 4Gb card which is giving me good frame rates, albeit only getting 30hz refresh, but it doesn't seem a problem, looks good.

There's quite a few post posts about 4k on AVSIM, might be worth checking out.

Eugene