Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Are any TropicalSim airports any good?

They're 35% off at Simmarket.  Some nice places but some of their sceneries look pretty bad in my eye.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I like Martinique, Rio Santos Dumont and Sao Paulo a lot. Also, Punta Cana.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX | FSX-SE Forum" to "The Bargain Hunter's Shack". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I have got SBGR and SBGL and even if they are not FSDT, FT or Orbx quality, nevertheless, they are good. Better than the defaults. And kind on the FPS too.

even if they are not FSDT, FT or Orbx quality, nevertheless, they are good. Better than the defaults. And kind on the FPS too.

I absolutely agree.

Be sure to get the newer ones, like after 2013. I especially like Santos Dumont. Sao Paulo, Porto and Punta Cana are also nice.

Regards, Perry

Thinking of Porto Portugal, how is the blending into OrbX Global palette ? Does it look like PR patch stuck on OrbX landscape or is there a real integration ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

You can't beat the sale price, and I have a few of them. Just purchased Punta Cana and Martinique at the current 35% off sale.

I own few Tropical Sim sceneries. Aruba airport scenery is outstanding.  MBPV is awesome scenery too!!! I just installed MDPC scenery and I like it. 

Moreover, TAPA scenery is also outstanding too!!!!

I also have Santos Dumont scenery but have not installed it yet however judging from sneak preview screenshots, it looks outstanding especially whenever I want to buy a payware scenery, I always examine preview screenshots carefully.

And the owner of Tropical Sim is very nice guy.  He will go out of way to help any customer to fix whatever the scenery problem is.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

I'll have a look at the ones mentioned.  I notice no one has mentioned KDCA.  I'd love a good KDCA with a river approach.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

You can't beat the sale price, and I have a few of them. Just purchased Punta Cana and Martinique at the current 35% off sale.

Actually, YES you can...

If you just omwant 1 or 2 airports, great price. However, if you think about 3 (or more) they have an ongoing 3 for 11.50 euro each (or more than 3 for just a tiny bit less even) that is actually lower than this sale...

I am happy with it, but the boundaries are visible as TS colors are lighter. Have a look here

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B04GqkRUiGPZL1j

One thing I noticed: The wheels sink in pretty deep.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Thanks

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I'll have a look at the ones mentioned.  I notice no one has mentioned KDCA.  I'd love a good KDCA with a river approach.

I have it, it's decent, especially if you particularly want a DCA add-on.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I have it too; just got it during the sales. It was a good value for money purchase. My suggestion: get it!

Cheers

Frank