Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

What Is Causing This?

What is causing this after completing a long flight without any issues en route just as I land? First time |I have experienced it. I thought I had managed to get a grip of the OOMs, but this is not a taxing airport as some others such as Orbx, FSDT, etc.

ASN+T2G Airport MMMX

Any help, appreciated. Thanks

WhatHasCausedThis.jpg

Microsoft Visuals are used by developers to make sure an application is installed in the manner in which they intended.  It could be a share problem, admin rights problem, or UserAccessControls is interfering.  P3DV2 needs Microsoft Visual C++2010 in order to run properly.  Make sure you have the latest.  Make sure when you start up P3D that you right click the application and select 'Run as Administrator'.  This will fix most issues.  You can also go to the Prepard3D.exe program, right click it, select properties, and, under the compatibility tab, look all the way down at the bottom for Privilege Level and make sure 'Run this program as an administrator' is checked.  Also, make sure under Settings, nothing is checked.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim

Thanks fro that. I was hoping you'd come across this and offer a solution.

But my P3D has been running fine and always run everything with Admin rights. Still will try your solutions.

Who's your money on US Open?

Regards

I would like to see Dustin Johnson or Jordan Spieth win.  I think Jason Day is great too and it will be interesting to see if he finishes and collapsing yesterday.  Tiger has certainly gone south with his game and I think it is because it is hard to continue to be great once you have been there.  You have all this money.  Why do you need more?  I think Arnie and Jack Nicklaus are exceptions because the money was not there when they first started and now it has grown substantially.  Tiger was just given a lot of money right away.  He still is the 9th highest paid athlete in the world.  Phil Michelson is the 8th highest and he's having issues too.  They don't practice or work out anymore.  They just hit a few balls on the range, do a little putting on the practice green and then go out and play.  Phil was doing pretty good until late yesterday.  This course they are playing in Tacoma Washington is totally ridiculous and there have already been a lot of complaints.  I think it will be taken off the list of courses to play at for any major tournament.

Good luck with your issue.  Make sure you took ownership of the Prepard3d folder too.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Trouble with Woods was he thought 'Here I am the World #1 only 4 more Majors to equal the Golden Bear', then he started getting rid of the very people that helped him ascend Olympus, such Harmon,his caddie Williams, not to mention the unmentionables off the course. That was the slow start of the road downhill. There was a time when just his entry into any championship was enough to make others think, 'Am I going to pick up 2nd here?'.

Now, regrettably, he has lost that aura of invincibility, and it's better for the game. Woods has as you so rightly state, Jim, gone South!

I very much like the 'New Kids On The Block', such as Speith and Johnson.

I agree with your comment that his game got hurt by getting rid of Harmon but Steve Williams?  Steve Williams was flown in his personal jet to Australia where Tiger and his former wife Ian attended Steve's wedding.  Williams was paid handsomely at the wedding and while caddying.  Then, when Tiger got in trouble with his spouse for messing around, Steve Williams was fired by Tiger because Williams said he had lost respect for Tiger for messing around on his wife and he was going to do a tell-all book.  Steve had to know about Tiger's transgressions and, when Tiger got in trouble with the spouse, Steve now says he lost respect for Tiger?  I think he's a good caddy but believe any caddy around when Tiger began his winnings could have been just as good.  Williams just happened to be there when Tiger needed a caddy.  He did help Adam Scott win a tournament but he "dumped" Adam Scott too and went into a retirement until Adam Scott called and told him he wanted him to return as his caddy.  So now we shall see how good he is with Adam.  So far, not very good.

Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicholson and Phil Michelson got married and settled down and focused on the game of golf.  Tiger just has not settled down yet as he just dumped Lindsey Vonn supposedly because she heard he was still messing around.  If he ever wants to become great again, he'll have to grow up and settle down before it is too late.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks for that correction on Williams. See, you being a golfer as opposed to me being just an aficionado, have the inside track.

But good to know that you like me are pretty acerbic about his wayward personal life. I thought with the kind of guts Lindsey showed to get back on top of the pile once more, he'd take a cue from her. Guess she did the right thing.

Your 2nd para is so spot-on, Jim.

As we don't get live terrestrial tv coverage here, except on the subscription satellite sports channels, am following it live on radio, BBC radio in fact.

Kind regards.

I just had a major electrical storm and warnings for spotted tornadoes in the area so all lights, TV, and dishwasher crashed for about 15 minutes.  Just got Fox (and the TV) back on.  More storms are coming through.  So I'm not watching much either.  Dustin is leading right now though.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM