Sign in to follow this  
tkellogg

What's going on with P3D

Lockheed Martin will telease information when its ready to, and all the pointless posts here and elsewhere won't have any effect.

"I poppet" would like to take this opportunity to apologize for me and everybody else on this thread who has participated in pointless and nonsensical posts about about the topic in question:)

whether or not you're a "poppet", Lockheed Martin isn't going to let you you know the PreparD release dates until it's ready.

Yes...very interested to hear what improvements 3.0 will bring vs extending the life of 2.x. It's always been a little unclear to me what LM is allowed to change with their license of the simulator.

The way I understand it is that they will or can not change things like flight dynamics but can make it easier for developers to incorporate a more accurate flight dynamics model. They will not improve the default weather engine but will make things easier and more uniform for third party weather developers etc.,etc,

so it's unclear to me at least how 3.0 would be a dramatic leap above 2.x aside from graphics and 64 bit?

It's always been a little unclear to me what LM is allowed to change with their license of the simulator.

LM are under no restrictions on code changes other than how much compatibility they may or may not want to break ... I think you're mixing LM up with Dovetails code restrictions.

Yes Wes Bard left many many months ago.  However the LM team has increased in size an their pace of development has increased also.

JV's post is a mystery to LM and myself ... I continue to purchase Orbx products regardless as they have a talented crew -- as do many 3rd party content providers.

Beau Hollis has already commented publicly on items that will be addressed in v3.0 so that should be a pretty good indication there will be a v3.0.

When will v3.0 be available ... I'm not permitted to say obviously, but I will say it's not going to be years or a year.  What will it include ... just have to wait and see.

Cheers, Rob.

Lockheed Martin will telease information when its ready to, and all the pointless posts here and elsewhere won't have any effect.

Gerry - you have a supreme grasp of the obvious. 

:P

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Gerry - you have a supreme grasp of the obvious.

Which is more than some posters have here!

Gerry - you have a supreme grasp of the obvious. 

:P

Vic

Which is more than some posters have here!

If i had a grasp on reality alone i would be happy with that.  

Anyways back business,  so V3 is coming in 7 maybe 8 months.  It seems i'm right so  :Big Grin:

"I poppet" would like to take this opportunity to apologize for me and everybody else on this thread who has participated in pointless and nonsensical posts about about the topic in question:)

Apology accepted... -_-

I don't appreciate the comment about my topic being pointless. I appreciate Robs reply about what LM plans to address in version 3.0 and a rough estimate of its release. For those who don't have any information no need to make derogatory statements just cause you're outside the loop. Rob would you mind directing me to LMs post about version 3.0. I had been following it but have been unable to find any information lately. Thanks again for those who responded positively.

I stopped using all flight sims and other entertainment software months ago due to a vision problem, but even when I was flying daily I could hardly see a reason to move from 2.3.  The improvements just didn't appear to be worth the bother from everything I've read here, including current posts about this and that.  I'm going to continue hold pat until something substantial occurs and I think I will be able to start flying again soon!  If DX12 support and & 64-bit some other unforeseen magic happens, it may start becoming a meaningful upgrade.

Peace Out!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Beau Hollis has already commented publicly on items that will be addressed in v3.0 so that should be a pretty good indication there will be a v3.0.

When will v3.0 be available ... I'm not permitted to say obviously, but I will say it's not going to be years or a year.  What will it include ... just have to wait and see.

Thanks for the information, Rob.

Can you also tell if the next version will be v3, or that there will be (one or more) intermittent versions, like f.i. 2.6?

whether or not you're a "poppet"

So what is a "poppet" as I am not familiar with one?

I googled it and found this definition.

pop·pet

noun: poppet; plural noun: poppets; noun: poppet valve; plural noun: poppet valves

1. ENGINEERING

a mushroom-shaped valve with a flat end piece that is lifted in and out of an opening by an axial rod.

2. historical

a small figure of a human being used in sorcery and witchcraft.

3. BRITISHinformal

an endearingly sweet or pretty child or young girl (often used as an affectionate form of address).

So Poppet, are you number 2 or 3? Judging from the photo of you in the Ferrari, I'm not sure you'd qualify as a young girl or child.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So what is a "poppet" as I am not familiar with one?

:lol:

This is exactly were i got the name from,  always liked the word "poppet" 

18847705498_ae26e5246e_o.png

a small figure of a human being used in sorcery and witchcraft.

lol  love that one 

Judging from the photo of you in the Ferrari, I'm not sure you'd qualify as a young girl or child.

30 years ago maybe  :lol: